Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Scott Smith <ss...@mainstreamdata.com> on 2012/11/14 18:47:58 UTC

CJKWidthFilter vs ICUFoldingFilter

Reading the documentation for these two filters seems to imply that CJKWidthFilter is a subset of ICUFoldingFilter.  Is that true?  I'm basically using the CjkAnalyzer (from Lucene 4.0) but adding ICUFoldingFilter because I need umlauts and accent characters removed from any German, French, etc.

Can I just use the ICUFoldingFilter?

Cheers

Scott

RE: CJKWidthFilter vs ICUFoldingFilter

Posted by Scott Smith <ss...@mainstreamdata.com>.
Thanks
> Reading the documentation for these two filters seems to imply that CJKWidthFilter is a subset of ICUFoldingFilter.  Is that true?  I'm basically using the CjkAnalyzer (from Lucene 4.0) but adding ICUFoldingFilter because I need umlauts and accent characters removed from any German, French, etc.
>
> Can I just use the ICUFoldingFilter?

Yes. its a subset of NFKC, which is a subset of ICUFolding filter :)

Re: CJKWidthFilter vs ICUFoldingFilter

Posted by Robert Muir <rc...@gmail.com>.