Posted to dev@couchdb.apache.org by Alain Meunier <de...@hotmail.fr> on 2013/10/03 17:40:05 UTC

Where to start to test bigcouch integration ?

Hello,

I would like to help testing bigcouch in couchdb.

Where should I head on ?

Many thanks,

alain

Re: Where to start to test bigcouch integration ?

Posted by Vivek Pathak <vp...@orgmeta.com>.
Hi

Are there any plans to merge it in any forthcoming release.

It could possibly ease the management overhead while working with
several partitioned dbs

Thanks
Vivek

Posted by Alexander Shorin <kx...@gmail.com>.
Hi Alain,

Posted by Dave Cottlehuber <dc...@jsonified.com>.
From: Mutton, James Mutton, James
Reply: dev@couchdb.apache.org dev@couchdb.apache.org
Date: 04. Oktober 2013 at 21:37:53
To: dev@couchdb.apache.org dev@couchdb.apache.org
Subject:  Re: Where to start to test bigcouch integration ?

>I suppose this is as good a time as any to speak up. The
>1843-feature-bigcouch branch doesn't run as is and there are really 2
>steps to get it current. First, getting the 1843-feature-bigcouch branch
>running with at least the couchdb it was dropped with (1.3.x?). This
>means moving around some module references, doing some record translations
>and lots of work in the fabric module to take out fabric's map/reduce and
>convert it to leverage the couch_mrviews module. From that point you've
>got something functional and what remains as a second half of the effort
>involves bringing the couchdb modules of that branch up to trunk.
>
>For what it's worth, a colleague and I have done the above first half but
>found the second half a bit more involved then we had the time to tackle
>last month. Forgive me if this has been discussed already, but if
>splitting it up like that seems like a workable approach let me know and
>I'd be happy to help.

Hey James,

This sounds *awesome* & I don't think we discussed an approach yet.

I guess the place we would like to end up looks something like this:

- OTP layout for all apps
- additional refuge functionality either in core (or as a plugin if it makes sense)
- bigcouch goodness under the hood

But I am not clear what the first steps should be here.

Paul, Bob, Benoît, any thoughts on how we can break this down into smaller steps?

James if you have some code to share feel free to put it up on github. You may want to discuss with your employer if a company or an individual contributor licence would be appropriate. I'm happy to help off list with sorting this out if required.

http://www.apache.org/licenses/#clas

A+
Dave

Re: Where to start to test bigcouch integration ?

Posted by "Mutton, James" <jm...@akamai.com>.
[...]

</JamesM>

Posted by Robert Newson <rn...@apache.org>.

Posted by Alain Meunier <de...@hotmail.fr>.
Ok,

Posted by Robert Newson <rn...@apache.org>.
Hi,

Yes, we (the CouchDB development team) intend to continue this work and incorporate clustering into a formal release.

B.

Posted by Vivek Pathak <vp...@orgmeta.com>.

Posted by Robert Newson <rn...@apache.org>.
Hi,