Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by John Casey <jd...@commonjava.org> on 2008/07/31 22:50:41 UTC

Maven 2.0.10-RC4

Hi,

I've got a new release candidate for people to try out:

http://people.apache.org/~jdcasey/stage/apache-maven/2.0.10-RC4/org/apache/maven/apache-maven/2.0.10-RC4/

Major changes:

- Bumped wagon version to 1.0-beta-4
- Improved handling of mirror definitions without an <id/> element

The only outstanding potential issue has something to do with the
MJAVADOC-172 and MJAVADOC-194 integration tests, in the
maven-javadoc-plugin. I'm unable to even build this plugin on my
localhost due to unit test failures (even using Maven 2.0.9), so
unfortunately I can't even attempt to figure out what the specific
failure is in these cases.

Hopefully, RC4 will make it possible to distill a failing test case I
can use to fix the issue in the core (if it's in the core).

Enjoy.

-john

--
John Casey
Developer, PMC Member - Apache Maven (http://maven.apache.org)

Re: Maven 2.0.10-RC4

Posted by Fabrice Bellingard <be...@gmail.com>.
No more problem - builds fine on my projects.

:-)

- Fabrice
bellingard@apache.org

Re: Maven 2.0.10-RC4

Posted by Vincent Siveton <vi...@gmail.com>.
Hi Benjamin,

For the first one, I guess that javadoc:javadoc was not call from core.
For jdk6, I have no clue about BSH but I noticed that
maven-javadoc-plugin version is 2.4 and not 2.5-snap.

Thanks to have a glance :)

Vincent

Re: Maven 2.0.10-RC4

Posted by Benjamin Bentmann <be...@udo.edu>.

Re: Maven 2.0.10-RC4

Posted by John Casey <jd...@commonjava.org>.
Hmm, I don't remember taking that out. I'll have to check it out.

You're right, we need to make it consistent.

-j

Brett Porter wrote:

> On 01/08/2008, at 8:03 AM, John Casey wrote:
>
>> Until I can get the javadoc plugin working on OS X there's nothing I
>> can do to even peek at this.
>
> Fixed (it was relying on tools.jar, I made the behaviour the same as
> javac).
>

>> Why is it failing? Can you formulate a MNG issue with the relevant
>> details that are causing the ITs to fail? If I had some sort of set of
>> steps to reproduce the problem, it would help a lot.
>

> Technically, this was a bug in the javadoc plugin (MJAVADOC-211) - it
> doesn't create the reporting output directory  if it doesn't exist (nor
> does the javadoc tool). I've fixed that so it passes on RC4 as well now.
>
> However, that means the functionality change was that it now doesn't
> create the target and target/site directories up front (which are
> configured in the POM). While that's a good thing, since they may not be
> used, it's probably going to break a plugin here and there, so it might
> be better to go back to the behaviour of making them that was in 2.0.9.
> I haven't filed an MNG or IT for this though.
>
> Glad to know it's a minor thing though :)
>
> Cheers,
> Brett
>

>> -john
>>
>> Vincent Siveton wrote:
>>> Hi John,
>>> I tried RC4 under javadoc plugin and I have now 3 ITs failures on my
>>> side: MJAVADOC-172 MJAVADOC-180 MJAVADOC-194
>>> Cheers,
>>> Vincent

Re: Maven 2.0.10-RC4

Posted by John Casey <jd...@commonjava.org>.
This is filed under MNG-3694.

I think I have a solution now, and I've written an integration test that
fails under 2.0.10-RC4...I'm running the test now vs. the fixed version,
and then I'll verify that I didn't break anything else.

-john

Re: Maven 2.0.10-RC4

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.
Yeah, I spoke too soon.

Re: Maven 2.0.10-RC4

Posted by Vincent Siveton <vi...@gmail.com>.
Hi Brett,

Re: Maven 2.0.10-RC4

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.

Re: Maven 2.0.10-RC4

Posted by John Casey <jd...@commonjava.org>.

Re: Maven 2.0.10-RC4

Posted by Vincent Siveton <vi...@gmail.com>.
Hi John,

Re: Maven 2.0.10-RC4

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.
We already had that discussion and decided it would be overkill - once
2.0.10 is released nobody will be concerned with the difference
between these release candidates (And they won't be available for
download any more anyway). There are few enough changes between each
that you can use timestamps/svn history to determine it if needed.

- Brett

Re: Maven 2.0.10-RC4

Posted by Rahul Thakur <ra...@gmail.com>.

Re: Maven 2.0.10-RC4

Posted by Paul Benedict <pb...@apache.org>.

Re: Maven 2.0.10-RC4

Posted by John Casey <jd...@commonjava.org>.
it'd be a simple enough operation to lookup the timestamp on the RCs on
my staging repo, and do a date-based search using those values...

What's the value in providing this level of resolution, though?

Re: Maven 2.0.10-RC4

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.
Ah :)

perhaps "fixed in RCx" as the last comment is enough?

- Brett

Re: Maven 2.0.10-RC4

RE: Maven 2.0.10-RC4

Posted by "Brian E. Fox" <br...@reply.infinity.nu>.
Until we actually think all the known issues are resolved, we shouldn't
send it to users@. We don't want to lose their attention by bringing RCs
in an early stage.

Posted by John Casey <jd...@commonjava.org>.

Re: Maven 2.0.10-RC4

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.

Re: Maven 2.0.10-RC4

Posted by Benjamin Bentmann <be...@udo.edu>.
Arnaud HERITIER wrote:

> What are the errors in javadoc tests ?

MJAVADOC-210, the plugin was searching for tools.jar which isn't found
on Mac, so the unit test to check the auto-detection of taglets failed.

> I'm building it successfuly on Mac OS X.

Strange. How about the ITs, do they fail for you with RC4, too?

Benjamin

Re: Maven 2.0.10-RC4

Posted by Arnaud HERITIER <ah...@gmail.com>.
What are the errors in javadoc tests ?
I'm building it successfuly on Mac OS X.
I remember I had to add the JAVA_HOME
(JAVA_HOME=/System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/CurrentJDK/Home)
and tests passed

Arnaud
On Thu, Jul 31, 2008 at 10:50 PM, John Casey <jd...@commonjava.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've got a new release candidate for people to try out:
>

> http://people.apache.org/~jdcasey/stage/apache-maven/2.0.10-RC4/org/apache/maven/apache-maven/2.0.10-RC4/<http://people.apache.org/%7Ejdcasey/stage/apache-maven/2.0.10-RC4/org/apache/maven/apache-maven/2.0.10-RC4/>
>
> Major changes:
>
> - Bumped wagon version to 1.0-beta-4
> - Improved handling of mirror definitions without an <id/> element
>
> The only outstanding potential issue has something to do with the
> MJAVADOC-172 and MJAVADOC-194 integration tests, in the
> maven-javadoc-plugin. I'm unable to even build this plugin on my localhost
> due to unit test failures (even using Maven 2.0.9), so unfortunately I can't
> even attempt to figure out what the specific failure is in these cases.
>
> Hopefully, RC4 will make it possible to distill a failing test case I can
> use to fix the issue in the core (if it's in the core).
>
> Enjoy.
>
> -john
>
> --
> John Casey
> Developer, PMC Member - Apache Maven (http://maven.apache.org)
> Blog: http://www.ejlife.net/blogs/buildchimp/

Arnaud HERITIER
OCTO Technology - aheritier AT octo DOT com
www.octo.com | blog.octo.com
ASF - aheritier AT apache DOT org
www.apache.org | maven.apache.org

Re: Maven 2.0.10-RC4

Posted by John Casey <jd...@commonjava.org>.
I'm tracking this under http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MNG-3693

I've already got the fix in place in RC5-snapshot, but it's going to
take a little while to produce a self-contained integration test for it.

-john

Re: Maven 2.0.10-RC4

Posted by Mauro Talevi <ma...@aquilonia.org>.