Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by dkropotova <Da...@semantico.com> on 2008/02/29 16:53:29 UTC

Convert escaped xml back to xml or SAX events

Dear all,

I am using SOLR to store my xml files, that have been xml-escaped beforehand
(so that now they are simply treated as text).

When a search is performed and results are back, I now would like to restore
my “escaped” xml. I created a simple transformer, but now I'm stuck on how
to solve my problem. I got all escaped xml in a field, but now I need to
convert it to xml or SAX events. I've searched, but couldn't find any method
that would accept string and try to do something useful with it – like
converting in SAX events or DOM objects.

Does anyone have any tips how to solve this problem??

Many thanks in advance,
Dasha

Re: Convert escaped xml back to xml or SAX events

Posted by Antonio Gallardo <ag...@agssa.net>.
Hi,

Hope this helps:

http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/apidocs/org/apache/cocoon/xml/StringXMLizable.html

Best Regards,

Antonio Gallardo.

Posted by Thorsten Scherler <th...@juntadeandalucia.es>.

Did you see http://wiki.apache.org/solr/SolrForrest?

> When a search is performed and results are back, I now would like to restore
> my “escaped” xml. I created a simple transformer, but now I'm stuck on how
> to solve my problem. I got all escaped xml in a field, but now I need to
> convert it to xml or SAX events.

<xsl:template match="arr">
      <xsl:for-each select="str">
          <xsl:call-template name="unescapeEm">
            <xsl:with-param name="val" select="text()"/>
          </xsl:call-template>
      </xsl:for-each>
  </xsl:template>

  <xsl:template name="unescapeEm">
    <xsl:param name="val" select="''"/>
    <xsl:variable name="preEm" select="substring-before($val, '&lt;')"/>
    <xsl:choose>
      <xsl:when test="$preEm or starts-with($val, '&lt;')">
        <xsl:variable name="insideEm"
select="substring-before($val,'&lt;/')"/>
        <xsl:value-of select="$preEm"/>
          <xsl:value-of select="substring($insideEm,
string-length($preEm)+5)"/>
        <xsl:variable name="leftover"
          select="substring($val,string-length($insideEm) + 6)"/>
        <xsl:if test="$leftover">
          <xsl:call-template name="unescapeEm">
            <xsl:with-param name="val" select="$leftover"/>
          </xsl:call-template>
        </xsl:if>
      </xsl:when>
      <xsl:otherwise>
        <xsl:value-of select="$val"/>
      </xsl:otherwise>
    </xsl:choose>
  </xsl:template>

Hope that helps.

salu2

Posted by warrell harries <wa...@googlemail.com>.
You could use Saxon e.g. :-

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<xsl:stylesheet version="1.0" xmlns:xsl="
http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform" xmlns:saxon="http://saxon.sf.net/">

<xsl:template match="/">

    <xsl:copy-of select="saxon:parse(XPathToYourXMLAsTextHere)"/>

</xsl:template>

</xsl:stylesheet>