Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Kevin Roast <ke...@activiti.com> on 2003/01/16 16:02:43 UTC

Axis bug parsing soap calls using Oracle XDK9?

Hi,

I am interested to know if the following is a known AXIS bug:

We are testing a system using Jboss3.0.X with embeded AXIS. We are using
SOAP calls for our web services which AXIS is parsing using the system
XML parser. By default this is Xerces which is fine. However, if I
change the parser factory to use Oracle XDK 9 parser then I receive an
error from the AXIS SAX parsing thus:

java.lang.StringIndexOutOfBoundsException: String index out of range:
323
	at java.lang.String.<init>(String.java:245)
	at
org.apache.axis.message.SymbolTable.addSymbol(SymbolTable.java:121)
	at
org.apache.axis.message.SAX2EventRecorder.characters(SAX2EventRecorder.j
ava:137)
	at
org.apache.axis.encoding.DeserializationContextImpl.characters(Deseriali
zationContextImpl.java:771)
	at
org.apache.axis.message.SAX2EventRecorder.replay(SAX2EventRecorder.java:
213)
	at
org.apache.axis.message.MessageElement.publishToHandler(MessageElement.j
ava:578)
	at
org.apache.axis.message.RPCElement.deserialize(RPCElement.java:207)
	at
org.apache.axis.message.RPCElement.getParams(RPCElement.java:231)

I have inspected the SOAP being parsed and SAX parsed it myself using
both Xerces and Oracle XDK and it parses fine. This leads me to believe
(please prove me wrong) that AXIS is doing something naughty in the SAX
"characters()" event method i.e. maybe not respecting the start/len
parameters? (I'm guessing here from the error)

Anyone have any thoughts on this, or I am in completely the wrong ball
park?

Thanks for your time,

Kevin

Re: Axis bug parsing soap calls using Oracle XDK9?

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <di...@yahoo.com>.
Kevin,

In the current cvs...There's no org.apache.axis.message.SymbolTable. Which version of Axis are
they using? Can you try using latest nightly build?

Thanks,
dims

=====
Davanum Srinivas - http://xml.apache.org/~dims/