Posted to dev@qpid.apache.org by Andrea Gazzarini <a....@gmail.com> on 2008/10/16 13:39:24 UTC

QPID-1357 : QMan events handling

Good news : QMan is handling events! It's working but the patch is not yet
created because I should (must) correct something...

Anyway (on JIRA QPID-1357) I attached a screenshot of JConsole that is
showing the following scenario :

1) One C++ broker
2) Three Qman connected with the broker above.

You can see that in this version, the namespace of MBean has changed to
handle events. Now the pattern is :

Q-MAN: Q-MAN:brokerID=<brokerID>,type=<Event |
Class>,package=<package>,name=<event or class name>,objectID=<objectID>

This is needed in order to correctly separate events and classes. As you can
see on the attached screenshot under the Q-MAN domain there are two folders
named "Class" and "Event".
Now, look under the Event folder. There are three kind of events : bind,
queueDeclare and subscribe.
The screenshot has been made to show the properties (arguments) of a
queueDeclare event.

Last thing : note that QMan (for events only) is inserting two additional
information other than arguments : severity level and timestamp (shown as a
date)

Any comments would be appreciated.

Regards,
Andrea

Re: QPID-1357 : QMan events handling

Posted by Andrea Gazzarini <a....@gmail.com>.
Hi All, I've updated the QPID-1357 with the latest QMan patch.
According to that issue description, QMan is now able to handle events. Some
little changes are occurred in the existing design in order to collect
incoming event instances. Those include : - A new layer supertype has been
added, QpidEntity, which is parent class for QpidClass and QpidEvent; - A
new message handler responsible to deal with event indication messages
(opcode = 'e') - JMX namespace has been changed too, according to what
suggested by Ted. Now class instances are under type=Object while event
instances are under type=Event so basically the screenshot attatched with
this issue still remain valid in order to understand the structure of the
domain model. Regards, Andrea

Posted by Andrea Gazzarini <a....@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ted Ross <tr...@redhat.com>.