Posted to user@flink.apache.org by Lior Amar <li...@parallelmachines.com> on 2017/01/26 17:10:19 UTC

start-cluster.sh issue

Hi,

I am new here.
My name is Lior and I am working at Parallel Machines.
Was assigned recently to work on Flink run/use/improve :-)

I am using the FLINK_CONF_DIR environment variable to pass the config
location
to the start-cluster.sh (e.g. env
FLINK_CONF_DIR=/tmp/parallelmachine/lior/flink/conf)
The directory contain the generated config for the setup and is avail on
multiple machines.

The issue is that when the start-cluster.sh is running the tasknmanager.sh
(via ssh)
the FLINK_CONF_DIR is not passed via the ssh.
Note: that the taskmanager.sh is making use of this environment variable
(line 96).

Is this a bug?
or expected?

Should I open a Jira?

Regards
--lior

Re: start-cluster.sh issue

Posted by Greg Hogan <co...@greghogan.com>.
Hi Lior,

Try adding this to your flink-conf.yaml:
  env.ssh.opts: FLINK_CONF_DIR=/tmp/parallelmachine/lior/flink/conf

I think this is expected and not a bug (setting FLINK_CONF_DIR from the
environment is supported for YARN). Please do file a JIRA for this feature
as I think it would be a nice improvement.

I created FLINK-5680 to add env.ssh.opts to the configuration documentation
[1].

[1] https://ci.apache.org/projects/flink/flink-docs-master/setup/config.html

Greg