Posted to dev@crunch.apache.org by Josh Wills <jw...@cloudera.com> on 2012/09/07 13:59:44 UTC

[VOTE] Release Crunch 0.3.0 (incubating) RC1

Hey all,

This is a call for a vote on releasing the following candidate as Apache
Crunch 0.3.0 (incubating), which fixes some license headers and old
dependencies from RC0. This will be our first release, and it fixes the
issues listed here:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12313526&version=12322446

Please download, test, and vote by September 10th at 6AM Pacific Time.

Source files:
http://people.apache.org/~jwills/crunch-0.3.0-incubating-RC1/

Maven staging repo:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecrunch-040/

The tag to be voted upon:
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-crunch.git;a=tag;h=4666bd889f9b641d7c0157bc4401a1b985fedc89

Crunch's KEYS file:
http://www.apache.org/dist/incubator/crunch/KEYS

The vote will be open for 72 hours. I'm +1 for releasing it.

--
Director of Data Science
Cloudera <http://www.cloudera.com>

Re: [VOTE] Release Crunch 0.3.0 (incubating) RC1

Posted by Patrick Hunt <ph...@apache.org>.
+1. sig/xsum verified, all the required files are there, ran through
the incubator release checklist and everything looked correct. The
source files all seem to have valid headers. lgtm.

Patrick

Posted by Matthias Friedrich <ma...@mafr.de>.
+1

Repeated my checks from last time, everything works out. I was
confused for a little bit until I learned that I need the -t flag
for git fetch to get the tag change :)

Oh, and would you please update the release guide in case you
had to perform any non-obvious steps for scrapping RC0. Thanks!

Regards,
  Matthias

Posted by Josh Wills <jw...@cloudera.com>.
Hey everybody,

The release vote passed with 4 +1s, including one from mentor Patrick Hunt.
The vote technically closed a couple of hours ago, but I was on a plane
back to the US. I'll kick off a vote on general@ soon.

Thanks!
Josh

Posted by Gabriel Reid <ga...@gmail.com>.