Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Raja Nagendra Kumar <Na...@tejasoft.com> on 2008/03/30 05:50:45 UTC

how to file path from fileset

I would like to know exact location of file given a fileset way to find one

		<fileset dir="${tejasoft.root}">
		    <include name="**/${name}Common.xml"/>
		</fileset>

Assuming that only one file in tejasoft.root would match the expression
"**/${name}Common.xml.

Regards,
Raja Nagendra Kumar,
C.T.O
www.tejasoft.com

Re: how to file path from fileset

Posted by Raja Nagendra Kumar <Na...@tejasoft.com>.
Hi Gibert,

Nice to know such feature exists. In case there is a documentation for all
such sudo functions in ant, could you pl. let me know the url.

I also noticed that giving the refid to property does exactly the same
thing.

   <path id="p">
		<fileset dir="${foundation.root}">
		    <include name="**/${f.name}"/>
		</fileset>
	    </path>
	    <property name="nag.prop" refid="p"/>

Also, what is the way to access list of all the files which are selected
using the script (groovy or so, based on the id).

Regards,
Nagendra

Posted by Gilbert Rebhan <an...@schillbaer.de>.
Gilbert Rebhan schrieb:

> <fileset dir="${tejasoft.root}" id="yourID">
>   <include name="**/${name}Common.xml"/>
> </fileset>
>
> the property ${toString:yourID} has your file

P.S. =
if there's more than one match, the property
${toString:yourID} has all matches in a comma
separated list

Regards,
Gilbert

Re: how to file path from fileset

Posted by Gilbert Rebhan <an...@schillbaer.de>.

Posted by Robin Chaddock <ro...@iplay.com>.
<pathconvert>

Raja Nagendra Kumar wrote:
> I would like to know exact location of file given a fileset way to find one
>

> 		<fileset dir="${tejasoft.root}">
> 		    <include name="**/${name}Common.xml"/>
> 		</fileset>
>
> Assuming that only one file in tejasoft.root would match the expression
> "**/${name}Common.xml.
>
> Regards,
> Raja Nagendra Kumar,
> C.T.O
> www.tejasoft.com

E-mail is an informal method of communication and may be subject to data corruption, interception and unauthorised amendment for which I-play, a trading name of Digital Bridges Ltd will accept no liability. Therefore, it will normally be inappropriate to rely on information contained on e-mail without obtaining written confirmation.

(C) 2005. I-play is a trademark and trading name of Digital Bridges Limited. All Rights Reserved.