Posted to dev@spamassassin.apache.org by da...@chaosreigns.com on 2011/04/10 19:14:58 UTC

Re: ruleqa is broken

On 03/31, Warren Togami Jr. wrote:
> On 03/26/2011 06:09 PM, darxus@chaosreigns.com wrote:
> >No updates since 2011-03-21.
> >

> I took a quick look on the spamassassin2 server.
> /exports/home/ruleqadb/ indeed shows March 21st as the last day logs
> were copied.  freqsd is dead.  I am unable to dig deeper because I
> can't find my password to sudo... and I should be sleeping.

It's been 20 days.

--
"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands,
hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats."

Re: ruleqa is broken

Posted by John Hardin <jh...@impsec.org>.
On Mon, 11 Apr 2011, Kevin A. McGrail wrote:

>>  ...drat, my wiki account doesn't seem to have edit permission for the dev
>>  pages. Karsten, can you grant me edit privileges? Account JohnHardin.
>
> Done and thanks for finding the issue.

Don't thank me for finding it, that was Warren. I just remembered my
password is all. :)

   Gun Control laws cannot reduce violent crime, because gun control
   laws assume a violent criminal will obey the law.
  2 days until Thomas Jefferson's 268th Birthday

Re: ruleqa is broken

Posted by "Kevin A. McGrail" <KM...@PCCC.com>.
> ...drat, my wiki account doesn't seem to have edit permission for the
> dev pages. Karsten, can you grant me edit privileges? Account JohnHardin.

Done and thanks for finding the issue.
Regards,
KAM

Re: ruleqa is broken

Posted by John Hardin <jh...@impsec.org>.
On Sun, 10 Apr 2011, John Hardin wrote:

> On Sun, 10 Apr 2011, darxus@chaosreigns.com wrote:
>
>>  On 04/10, John Hardin wrote:
>> >  I found an old email listing the stuff on spamassassin2, freqsd
>> >  seems to be restarted. We'll see.
>>
>>  Should that go up on the wiki?
>
> I'll write something up if it does work.

...drat, my wiki account doesn't seem to have edit permission for the dev
pages. Karsten, can you grant me edit privileges? Account JohnHardin.

Thanks!

   Individual liberties are always "loopholes" to absolute authority.
  3 days until Thomas Jefferson's 268th Birthday

Re: ruleqa is broken

Posted by "Warren Togami Jr." <wt...@gmail.com>.
On 4/10/2011 2:56 PM, John Hardin wrote:
> On Sun, 10 Apr 2011, John Hardin wrote:

>>> Should that go up on the wiki?
>>
>> I'll write something up if it does work.
>
> woohoo! It appears to be working!

It is good to see that it appears to have kept and processed all the
missing days.

Warren

Re: ruleqa is broken

Posted by da...@chaosreigns.com.
On 04/10, John Hardin wrote:
> woohoo! It appears to be working!

Thank you.

--
"He who dies with the most toys... still dies." - No Fear
http://www.ChaosReigns.com

Re: ruleqa is broken

Posted by John Hardin <jh...@impsec.org>.
On Sun, 10 Apr 2011, John Hardin wrote:

> On Sun, 10 Apr 2011, darxus@chaosreigns.com wrote:
>
>>  On 04/10, John Hardin wrote:
>> >  I found an old email listing the stuff on spamassassin2, freqsd
>> >  seems to be restarted. We'll see.
>>
>>  Should that go up on the wiki?
>
> I'll write something up if it does work.

woohoo! It appears to be working!

   Public Education: the bureaucratic process of replacing
   an empty mind with a closed one.                          -- Thorax
  3 days until Thomas Jefferson's 268th Birthday

Re: ruleqa is broken

Posted by John Hardin <jh...@impsec.org>.

On 04/10, John Hardin wrote:
> I found an old email listing the stuff on spamassassin2, freqsd
> seems to be restarted. We'll see.

Should that go up on the wiki?

--
"theres a lot more to life than chicks
none of it matters but theres a lot of it"

Re: ruleqa is broken

Posted by John Hardin <jh...@impsec.org>.
On Sun, 10 Apr 2011, darxus@chaosreigns.com wrote:

> On 03/31, Warren Togami Jr. wrote:
>> On 03/26/2011 06:09 PM, darxus@chaosreigns.com wrote:
>>> No updates since 2011-03-21.
>>>

>> I took a quick look on the spamassassin2 server.
>> /exports/home/ruleqadb/ indeed shows March 21st as the last day logs
>> were copied.  freqsd is dead.  I am unable to dig deeper because I
>> can't find my password to sudo... and I should be sleeping.
>
> It's been 20 days.

I found an old email listing the stuff on spamassassin2, freqsd seems to
be restarted. We'll see.

If this works, I'll take a more active role in monitoring it in the
future. Sorry I sat back for so long.

   ...every time I sit down in front of a Windows machine I feel as
   if the computer is just a place for the manufacturers to put their
   advertising.                                 -- fwadling on Y! SCOX
  3 days until Thomas Jefferson's 268th Birthday