Posted to apache-bugdb@apache.org by Karlis kalviskis <ka...@lanet.lv> on 1998/05/28 06:53:11 UTC

config/2303: User directive does not set userid (Windows NT)

>Number:         2303
>Category:       config
>Synopsis:       User directive does not set userid (Windows NT)
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       critical
I am using pre-compiled binaries for Windows Apache/1.3b6. I have tried Apache/1.3b7 <Win 32>. The problem remains. It is started from the command line (not as a service)

In "httpd.conf" file I have included line:
User Apache_P

The account "Apache_P" have a guest access to my computer.

It looks like the User parameter is not accepted. I have several directories with permission : "Apache_P - No access". Still anybody from the world can access these directories.