Posted to httpclient-users@hc.apache.org by Kr <ba...@gmail.com> on 2005/09/15 07:01:43 UTC

Can we use NTLM with HTTPS ?

Hi All,

We have a web service that uses .NET Framework + NTLM Authentication.
I have a web service client that uses  AXIS 1.2 Final generated stubs.
I have configured org.apache.axis.transport.http.CommonsHTTPSender in
the client-config.wsdd
to set the NTLM credentials on the stubs and successfully can consume
the service.

Now the service is going to be implemented on HTTPS. My question is
can I use NTLM authentication with https. Will setting the https
system properties like java.protocol.handler.pkgs,
javax.net.ssl.trustStore, javax.net.ssl.trustStorePassword etc. in my
client suffice. Can we use
org.apache.axis.transport.http.CommonsHTTPSender for all this purpose
or are there any known issues with AXIS CommonsHTTPSender ( or since
CommonsHTTPSender uses HTTPClient API) with HTTPS ?  Does anybody have
success with consuming a service (which uses NTLM authentication +
https)
using Apache AXIS org.apache.axis.transport.http.CommonsHTTPSender ?

Please suggest ?

Thanks & Regards,
Kr.

Re: Can we use NTLM with HTTPS ?

Posted by Kr <ba...@gmail.com>.
Thank your Oleg. You are there always to give first reply :-)

Re: Can we use NTLM with HTTPS ?

Posted by Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>.