Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Fabrício Raphael <fa...@gmail.com> on 2009/07/28 19:38:01 UTC

How to can I to customize the Similarity?

Hi!

How to can I to customize the calculation of the similarity?

I did my own index processor using the classes IndexWriter and IndexReader,
because the my calculation of the index is very different the Vector Model.

Then, based on my own index, I need to calculate the similarity using the
Lucene.

Obs: I'm using the code is in
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/lucene/java/trunk/src/java, because I see
future problems with the version 2.4 on my app to change to new versions.

Now, thanks!

--
Fabrício Raphael

home page: http://www.cos.ufrj.br/~fabriciorsf/

Mestrando em Engenharia de Sistemas e Computação
Linha de Pesquisa: Banco de Dados
Programa de Engenharia de Sistemas e Computação
Universidade Federal do Rio de Janeiro
PESC/COPPE/UFRJ

Re: How to can I to customize the Similarity?

Posted by Grant Ingersoll <gs...@apache.org>.
See the Similarity (and DefaultSimilarity) class in the Lucene source
code.  There are, of course, many other ways to customize similarity:
Function queries, write your own queries, etc.

More details on what you are trying to customize would help answer
your question.

On Jul 28, 2009, at 1:38 PM, Fabrício Raphael wrote:

> Hi!
>
> How to can I to customize the calculation of the similarity?
>
> I did my own index processor using the classes IndexWriter and
> IndexReader,
> because the my calculation of the index is very different the Vector
> Model.
>
> Then, based on my own index, I need to calculate the similarity
> using the
> Lucene.
>
> Obs: I'm using the code is in
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/lucene/java/trunk/src/java, because
> I see
> future problems with the version 2.4 on my app to change to new
> versions.
>
> Now, thanks!
>
> --
> Fabrício Raphael
>
> home page: http://www.cos.ufrj.br/~fabriciorsf/
>
> Mestrando em Engenharia de Sistemas e Computação
> Linha de Pesquisa: Banco de Dados
> Programa de Engenharia de Sistemas e Computação
> Universidade Federal do Rio de Janeiro
> PESC/COPPE/UFRJ

Grant Ingersoll
http://www.lucidimagination.com/