Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Richard Heintze <si...@yahoo.com> on 2003/03/05 21:47:24 UTC

Wanted: Experience with EmbPerl on Win2000/Apache HTTPD?

Since I had such a tough time installing mod_perl on
Win2000, I thought I would solicit for experiences
getting Hello, World running with EmbPerl on Apache
HTTPD on Windows2000.

What URL did you download embperl from?
Did you get any errors during installation?
What is the URL you used for installation
instructions?
What is the URL you used for the instructions for
getting HelloWorld to appear?

  Thanks,
      Siegfried

http://taxes.yahoo.com/

Re: Wanted: Experience with EmbPerl on Win2000/Apache HTTPD?

Posted by Randy Kobes <ra...@theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca>.
On Wed, 5 Mar 2003, Richard Heintze wrote:

> Since I had such a tough time installing mod_perl on
> Win2000, I thought I would solicit for experiences
> getting Hello, World running with EmbPerl on Apache
> HTTPD on Windows2000.
>
> What URL did you download embperl from?
> Did you get any errors during installation?
> What is the URL you used for installation
> instructions?
> What is the URL you used for the instructions for
> getting HelloWorld to appear?

This might be more appropriate for the embperl mailing
list ... For basic installation, we have an Embperl
ppm package at http://theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca/ppmpackages/
for ActivePerl 6xx builds (and mod_perl-1/Apache-1).
There's still a bit of work needed to get Embperl ported
to ActivePerl 8xx and/or mod_perl-2/Apache-2. For basic
usage, check out http://perl.apache.org/embperl/.

--
best regards,
randy kobes