Posted to user@struts.apache.org by James Dickson <jd...@v1.wustl.edu> on 2003/04/22 17:09:02 UTC

default user for container managed security

Hi All,
	Here is my situation. I am using tomcat 4.x and jboss for a struts
based webapp. I currently use JDBCRealms with container managed
security for my login to the site. All actions are secured and jsp are
inside WEB-INF dir except index.jsp. My question is this. I want to
allow  a casual user access to parts of the site and have them logged
in as a 'public' user. Is there a way I can keep all my actions secure
inside container managed security and have a casual user be
automatically authenticated and authorized as this default user. I
don't want them diverted to the FORMS based login page and have to type
in a public username and password. Hope this makes some sense. Any
ideas?

James