Posted to dev@hbase.apache.org by Andrew Purtell <ap...@apache.org> on 2022/07/12 01:18:05 UTC

Aiming for 2.5.0RC1 this Friday

We have landed several fixes for referencing counting concerns, with one
pending, and the SimpleRpcServer problem has also been addressed.
Therefore, I would like to roll 2.5.0RC1 by the end of this week. Time to
get the train moving again.

There is one blocker filed by Duo on HBASE-27189 which has an associated PR
we can apply. I put the issue into Patch Available state and am prepared to
merge the PR. After this one there are six other issues in Patch Available
state: HBASE-27097 (simplerpcserver fix), HBASE-27188 (metrics
improvement), HBASE-27186 (metrics improvement), HBASE-27161 (test
improvement), HBASE-27153 (tracing improvement), HBASE-27088 (integration
test improvement). I hope we can get these all landed in the next couple of
days.

Best,
Andrew

Re: Aiming for 2.5.0RC1 this Friday

Posted by Nick Dimiduk <nd...@apache.org>.
So I think there's a permissions issue.

Posted by Andrew Purtell <an...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Nick Dimiduk <nd...@apache.org>.

Posted by "张铎(Duo Zhang)" <pa...@gmail.com>.
I've merged all the error prone PRs opened by Andrew.

And for HBASE-27297, I suggest we just reopen HBASE-26882 and use that
issue to land the change on branch-2.5. No need to open a new issue.

Thanks.

Posted by "Tak Lon (Stephen) Wu" <ta...@apache.org>.

Posted by Nick Dimiduk <nd...@apache.org>.
Hi team,

Posted by Peter Somogyi <ps...@apache.org>.

Posted by "张铎(Duo Zhang)" <pa...@gmail.com>.
OK, no problem :)

Posted by Andrew Purtell <an...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Andrew Purtell <an...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "张铎(Duo Zhang)" <pa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Andrew Purtell <ap...@apache.org>.
Please, do.

Posted by Nick Dimiduk <nd...@apache.org>.

Posted by Andrew Purtell <an...@gmail.com>.
By fixVersion is what I use.

Posted by Bryan Beaudreault <bb...@hubspot.com.INVALID>.

Posted by Bryan Beaudreault <bb...@hubspot.com.INVALID>.

Posted by Andrew Purtell <ap...@apache.org>.

Posted by Andor Molnar <an...@apache.org>.
It's fine by me too.

I still have to work on the testing side and can't predict when it will
be ready. Otherwise the patch is code complete, accepted and the build
is green.

Thanks,
Andor

Posted by Andrew Purtell <ap...@apache.org>.