Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by rosanil <ra...@yahoo.com> on 2007/08/21 18:53:02 UTC

Email validation

Hi,

I have to do Email validation on TO, CC and BCC fields of mail sending
module. I saw this <t:validateEmail> tag. I tried to use it but it validates
only one  email address. If there is a comma separated list of emails, it's
not usefull.

I wanted to confirm if my observation is true or is there a way to make it
work with comma separted list of email address?

Thanks!

Re: Email validation

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org>.
... and the tag class, so that you can apply it directly on the tag
(for those, using JSP)

-M

On 8/21/07, Mike Kienenberger <mk...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Edit org.apache.myfaces.custom.emailvalidator.EmailValidator to
> support an optional "allowMultiple" attribute.
>
> When that attribute is true, have the code in validate split the input
> string up by comma (,) and validate each piece individually.
>

> On 8/21/07, rosanil <ra...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> >
> > I am sorry but I dont understand. Would appreciate if you can be more
> > elaborate.
> >
> > Thanks a lot for replying!
> >
> > Mike Kienenberger wrote:
> > >
> > > Submit a patch that allows multiple email addresses if allowMultiple=true.

> > --

Matthias Wessendorf

further stuff:
mail: matzew-at-apache-dot-org