Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Otis Gospodnetic <ot...@yahoo.com> on 2009/11/11 17:51:26 UTC

Re: NGram query failing

That's actually easy to explain/understand.
If the min n-gram size is 3, a query term with just 2 characters will ever match any terms that originally had > 2 characters because longer terms will never get tokenized into terms below 3-character tokens.

Take the term: house
house => hou ous use

If you search term is "ho", it will never match the above, as there is no term "ho" in there.

Otis
--
Sematext is hiring -- http://sematext.com/about/jobs.html?mls
Lucene, Solr, Nutch, Katta, Hadoop, HBase, UIMA, NLP, NER, IR