Posted to dev@quickstep.apache.org by Marc Spehlmann <sp...@apache.org> on 2017/02/16 20:09:50 UTC

[VOTE] 0.1.0 RC2

Per the instructions of impala [1], I have been stepping through the
release process. We voted once already for RC0, but it was turned down
because it did not include protobuf.

Try testing out the release candidate by pulling the SVN repo, and building
quickstep fresh, plus testing the hashes + signature. There are
instructions on how to do all of this on [1], just substitute impala with
quickstep. We're on step 15.

You can start with

  svn co https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/quickstep
quickstep-svn-dev
  cd quickstep-svn-dev/0.1.0/RC2
  tar -xzf apache-quickstep-incubating-0.1.0.tar.gz
  cd apache-quickstep-incubating-0.1.0
  # add the KEYS file from quickstep to your gpg key ring
  gpg --verify apache-quickstep-incubating-0.1.0.tar.gz.asc
  d5sum --check apache-quickstep-incubating-0.1.0.tar.gz.md5
  sha1sum --check apache-quickstep-incubating-0.1.0.tar.gz.sha
  # then try building quickstep, first pull third_party, then do your
normal build

Once you try this, please +1/-1 this vote based on your result.

--Marc

[1]  https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/IMPALA/
DRAFT%3A+How+to+Release