Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Rob Weir <ro...@apache.org> on 2013/07/12 16:55:30 UTC

Upgrading over 3.4.x

I've been doing some extra testing of the AOO 4.0 install over OOo
3.3.0/AOO 3.4.0 and AOO 3.4.1.  I also looked at the install over LO
4.0 to makes sure that is clean as well.

So far everything looks great.

One thing I wanted to verify was this directory:

C:\Program Files\OpenOffice.org 3\share\uno_packages\cache\uno_packages

I found that this empty directory was left behind after an upgrade.

Is it safe to delete?  Will it always be empty?

I'm thinking of adding a section to the release notes on the upgrade
processing and saying that it is safe to delete that directory, as
well as the installation files from earlier versions, e.g.:
OpenOffice.org 3.4.1 (en-US) Installation Files or  OpenOffice.org 3.3
(en-US) Installation Files.

Regards,

-Rob