Posted to users@tomee.apache.org by "markltodd@hotmail.com" <ma...@hotmail.com> on 2012/06/28 15:41:57 UTC

Pojo Web Services

If I've understood correctly it should be possible to use Tomee to create Web
Services that aren't EJBs. This seems to work to a point. However, resource
injection does not appear to work. Modifying the standard example to:

import javax.jws.WebService;

@WebService(
        portName = "CalculatorPort",
        serviceName = "CalculatorService",
        targetNamespace = "http://superbiz.org/wsdl",
        endpointInterface = "org.superbiz.calculator.ws.CalculatorWs")
public class Calculator implements CalculatorWs {

    @Resource
    WebServiceContext webServiceContext;

    @Resource
    UserTransaction userTransaction;

    public int sum(int add1, int add2) {
        return add1 + add2;
    }

    public int multiply(int mul1, int mul2) {
        return mul1 * mul2;
    }
}

results in the following error:
SEVERE: Error deploying CXF webservice for servlet CalculatorService
Throwable occurred: javax.xml.ws.WebServiceException: Service resource
injection failed
	at
org.apache.openejb.server.cxf.pojo.PojoEndpoint.<init>(PojoEndpoint.java:63)
	at
org.apache.openejb.server.cxf.pojo.PojoWsContainer.createEndpoint(PojoWsContainer.java:38)
	at
org.apache.openejb.server.cxf.pojo.PojoWsContainer.createEndpoint(PojoWsContainer.java:26)
	at
org.apache.openejb.server.cxf.CxfWsContainer.start(CxfWsContainer.java:53)
	at
org.apache.openejb.server.cxf.CxfService.createPojoWsContainer(CxfService.java:70)
	at
org.apache.openejb.server.webservices.WsService.afterApplicationCreated(WsService.java:326)
	at
org.apache.tomee.webservices.TomeeJaxWsService.afterApplicationCreated(TomeeJaxWsService.java:56)
	at
org.apache.tomee.catalina.WebDeploymentListeners.afterApplicationCreated(WebDeploymentListeners.java:38)
	at
org.apache.tomee.catalina.TomcatWebAppBuilder.afterStart(TomcatWebAppBuilder.java:818)
	at
org.apache.tomee.catalina.GlobalListenerSupport.lifecycleEvent(GlobalListenerSupport.java:103)
	at
org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleSupport.fireLifecycleEvent(LifecycleSupport.java:119)
	at
org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleBase.fireLifecycleEvent(LifecycleBase.java:90)
	at
org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleBase.setStateInternal(LifecycleBase.java:401)
	at org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleBase.start(LifecycleBase.java:168)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase$StartChild.call(ContainerBase.java:1566)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase$StartChild.call(ContainerBase.java:1556)
	at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(FutureTask.java:314)
	at
java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:897)
	at
java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:919)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:736)
	at
org.apache.openejb.InjectionProcessor.fillInjectionProperties(InjectionProcessor.java:182)
	at
org.apache.openejb.InjectionProcessor.construct(InjectionProcessor.java:110)
	at
org.apache.openejb.InjectionProcessor.createInstance(InjectionProcessor.java:83)
	at
org.apache.openejb.server.cxf.pojo.PojoEndpoint.<init>(PojoEndpoint.java:59)
	... 20 more

Should this be possible? Thanks in advance

Re: Pojo Web Services

Posted by David Blevins <da...@gmail.com>.
On Jun 29, 2012, at 10:34 AM, markltodd wrote:

> That all works now and my whole app ported neatly. Any ideas what the
> timescales for the point release are?

I'd expect the release drum to start banging mid July.  Usually takes about 2 weeks to get something up after that point.

-David

Re: Pojo Web Services

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
ok, David you got me

- Romain

Re: Pojo Web Services

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
great news!

Re: Pojo Web Services

Posted by markltodd <ma...@hotmail.com>.

Re: Pojo Web Services

Posted by markltodd <ma...@hotmail.com>.
In uk so it's going to be tomorrow morning before I have a chance to test it. Will get on it first thing

Re: Pojo Web Services

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.

Re: Pojo Web Services

Posted by markltodd <ma...@hotmail.com>.

Fwd: Pojo Web Services

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Any volonteer to create (from pojo-webservice example) some arquillian
tests to check Pojo Webservices?

- Romain

Re: Pojo Web Services

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.

Re: Pojo Web Services

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.

Re: Pojo Web Services

Re: Pojo Web Services

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
ok,

so i think you can inject ejb but not resources which currently needs a
jndi tree linked to the object and i think we currently not manage it for

Re: Pojo Web Services

Posted by markltodd <ma...@hotmail.com>.
Exact same error. It does work without both resources though

Re: Pojo Web Services

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
can you test quickly removing WebServiceContext?

(i guess you'll test it faster than if i build up an environment)

- Romain