Posted to users@archiva.apache.org by Marc Lustig <ml...@marclustig.com> on 2008/12/15 13:32:48 UTC

re-creating chechksum für POM-files

We had to manually modify several thousand POM-files in our Archiva repos.
(SVN-url had changed)
In order to avoid the warnings resulting from wrong-checksums, we deleted
all *.pom.md5 and *.pom.sha1 files. The idea was that Archiva will
autotmatically re-create them (based on the consumer
"create-missing-checksums", which is enabled).

Unfortunately NO checksums are re-created during repo-scan.
This is a big problem, since the our projects would build anymore.

Anybody has experience re-creating checksums?
Will it only be re-created if ALL checksums for a given artifact are
missing? Hence, do we need to delete all checksums in order to let them
re-created by Archiva repo-scan?

Re: re-creating chechksum für POM-files

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.
You may need to touch the timestamp of the POMs for the scanner to
detect the change.

- Brett

On 15/12/2008, at 11:32 PM, Marc Lustig wrote:

> We had to manually modify several thousand POM-files in our Archiva
> repos.
> (SVN-url had changed)
> In order to avoid the warnings resulting from wrong-checksums, we
> deleted
> all *.pom.md5 and *.pom.sha1 files. The idea was that Archiva will
> autotmatically re-create them (based on the consumer
> "create-missing-checksums", which is enabled).
>
> Unfortunately NO checksums are re-created during repo-scan.
> This is a big problem, since the our projects would build anymore.
>
> Anybody has experience re-creating checksums?
> Will it only be re-created if ALL checksums for a given artifact are
> missing? Hence, do we need to delete all checksums in order to let
> them
> re-created by Archiva repo-scan?

Brett Porter
brett@apache.org
http://blogs.exist.com/bporter/

Re: re-creating chechksum für POM-files

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.
Yes, that's a limitation of the current scanning technique, as it
doesn't know to process consumers that use a different criteria. We've
been discussing some changes on the dev list that will rectify that in
the future.

- Brett

Posted by Marc Lustig <ml...@marclustig.com>.