Posted to server-dev@james.apache.org by Stefano Bagnara <ap...@bago.org> on 2008/08/08 10:17:19 UTC

RemoteDelivery test issue (Was: [PROPOSAL] Separate Protocol Products)

Robert Burrell Donkin ha scritto:
> On Thu, Aug 7, 2008 at 2:55 PM, Stefano Bagnara <ap...@bago.org> wrote:
>> IMHO moving code out from server now is premature. During the refactoring
>> you will probably identify some common code between the protocol libraries
>> and we'll have to define how to deal with the common code once we extract
>> them to a similar structure: we can ignore a lot of issues if we start the
>> work in trunk, instead.
>
> please be aware that the issue with remote delivery test makes it
> impossible for me to develop on trunk any longer

Robert.. I don't really know what to do with the remote delivery test issue.

You know better than me how you prefer to deal with it, so people go
ahead and remove the test if this create issues to you.

I don't have any magical solution to this. The test randomly fails.. I
don't know why and I've been able to reproduce the problem once in
hundreds of runs in my machine. If you can give me access to an
environment where the issues show up more often I can try investigating
on this a bit more...

If you want me to remove the test and create a JIRA with this, just ask
and I'll do, but really, feel free to do what accomodate your needs
about this.

Stefano

Re: RemoteDelivery test issue (Was: [PROPOSAL] Separate Protocol Products)

Posted by Stefano Bagnara <ap...@bago.org>.
Robert Burrell Donkin ha scritto:
> On Fri, Aug 8, 2008 at 9:17 AM, Stefano Bagnara <ap...@bago.org> wrote:
>> Robert Burrell Donkin ha scritto:
>>> please be aware that the issue with remote delivery test makes it
>>> impossible for me to develop on trunk any longer
>> Robert.. I don't really know what to do with the remote delivery test issue.
>>
>> You know better than me how you prefer to deal with it, so people go ahead
>> and remove the test if this create issues to you.
>>
>> I don't have any magical solution to this. The test randomly fails.. I don't
>> know why and I've been able to reproduce the problem once in hundreds of
>> runs in my machine. If you can give me access to an environment where the
>> issues show up more often I can try investigating on this a bit more...
>
> it fails most times on my machine
>
> maybe i'll try to hook up on irc tommorrow...

I think I solved the "random" issue on testMulti. I committed a fix
today, let's see.

No news from me instead of the serialization issue. I don't plan to do
further work on that one unless there are news, so maybe we should
simply remove the test if this keeps randomly failing on your machine.

Posted by Robert Burrell Donkin <ro...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Aug 8, 2008 at 9:17 AM, Stefano Bagnara <ap...@bago.org> wrote:
> Robert Burrell Donkin ha scritto:
>>
>> On Thu, Aug 7, 2008 at 2:55 PM, Stefano Bagnara <ap...@bago.org> wrote:
>>>
>>> IMHO moving code out from server now is premature. During the refactoring
>>> you will probably identify some common code between the protocol
>>> libraries
>>> and we'll have to define how to deal with the common code once we extract
>>> them to a similar structure: we can ignore a lot of issues if we start
>>> the
>>> work in trunk, instead.
>>
>> please be aware that the issue with remote delivery test makes it
>> impossible for me to develop on trunk any longer
>
> Robert.. I don't really know what to do with the remote delivery test issue.
>
> You know better than me how you prefer to deal with it, so people go ahead
> and remove the test if this create issues to you.
>
> I don't have any magical solution to this. The test randomly fails.. I don't
> know why and I've been able to reproduce the problem once in hundreds of
> runs in my machine. If you can give me access to an environment where the
> issues show up more often I can try investigating on this a bit more...

it fails most times on my machine

maybe i'll try to hook up on irc tommorrow...

- robert