Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by "Craig R. McClanahan" <cr...@apache.org> on 2001/09/10 08:31:19 UTC

[ANNOUNCE] Tomcat 4.0 Release Candidate 1 Available

The first Release Candidate for Tomcat 4.0 is now available.  Only serious
problems will be fixed between now and final release of Tomcat 4.0,
which is currently scheduled for September 17, 2001.  A second release
candidate, if necessary, will be distributed on Thursday, September 13.

Please download this version and run your existing web applications
against it, to help us ensure a final release that is as trouble free as
possible.  The release is available at:

  http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/jakarta-tomcat-4.0/release/v4.0-rc1/

and bug reports should be submitted to:

  http://nagoya.apache.org/bugzilla/

under product category "Tomcat 4".

Craig McClanahan

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Tomcat 4.0 Release Candidate 1 Available

Posted by Peter Donald <do...@apache.org>.
Hi,

Just curious but we have an announcement list for announcements. Is there any
reason to CC this list aswell??

On Mon, 10 Sep 2001 16:31, Craig R. McClanahan wrote:
> The first Release Candidate for Tomcat 4.0 is now available.  Only serious
> problems will be fixed between now and final release of Tomcat 4.0,
> which is currently scheduled for September 17, 2001.  A second release
> candidate, if necessary, will be distributed on Thursday, September 13.
>
> Please download this version and run your existing web applications
> against it, to help us ensure a final release that is as trouble free as
> possible.  The release is available at:
>
>   http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/jakarta-tomcat-4.0/release/v4.0-rc1/
>
> and bug reports should be submitted to:
>
>   http://nagoya.apache.org/bugzilla/