Posted to apache-bugdb@apache.org by Tim Verbois <ve...@lumumba.luc.ac.be> on 2001/03/02 15:11:30 UTC

Xerces XML parser

Hello,

I run Debian and apperently the xerces library needs
libstdc++-libc6.1-1.so.2.  Well I don't have that lib, I have the ".3"
lib, but that doesn't work.

Now, I tried to build the source, but that was a disaster.  The source
creates a directory /obj/ (yes, in the ROOT).  But while building, some
files link to ../obj/  This does not work, and I don't like to put all
these files in my ROOT.  I noticed this happens with every source
tarball.  Do I do something wrong, or is it the tarball that has a bug.
Please let me know, I am working with this so now I cannot continue...

Tim Verbois