Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by jakob raderius <ja...@init.se> on 2000/09/05 16:26:01 UTC

cocoon.properties

Hi All!!!

I get the error

Unable to open resource: conf/cocoon.properties

from cocoon 1.7.4 when I call the cocoon.xml.
The servlet definition seems to be right, the classpath also.
I´ve saved cocoon.properties in a "conf" - folder under WEB-INF for the current project.
Any suggestion of what might be wrong?

TIA
//jakob

Re: XML content in Db field?

Posted by Donald Ball <ba...@webslingerZ.com>.
On Wed, 6 Sep 2000, HuiSion Teh wrote:

> hi
> How do I use SQL logicsheet to extract db field that contains XML text?
>
> For example in my database I have a field "spec" that is a varchar() that
> stores XML content such as
> 	<spec>
> 		<height>1.72</height>
> 		<weight>64</weight>
> 	</spec>
>
> In my XML file I have a section that would need to extract the above content
> before passing it to XSL producer:
>
> 	<product>
> 		sql code to extract the whole of "spec" XML content from db
> 	</product>
>
> In my XSL file I would have template matching "height" and "weight".
>
> I have tried but could not get it right. The < and > characters in the
> "spec" content would become &lt; and &gt; before it reaches the XSL
> producer.

try using the new esql logicsheet and the get-xml method.

- donald

XML content in Db field?

Re: cocoon.properties

Posted by Markus Spiekermann <Ma...@web.de>.
Hi

Did you check the read-permission for the file? (I assume you use a
linux machine)

Markus

RE: [Cocoon Users] Re: cocoon.properties

Posted by Fabrice SOLLAMI <fa...@marketschemer.com>.
Hi,

I put in the web.xml

<init-param>
           <param-name>properties</param-name>
           <param-value>WEB-INF/conf/cocoon.properties</param-value>

          </init-param>

I tried and I have this error:

java.io.FileNotFoundException:
D:\Tomcat\webapps\samples\WEB-INF\conf\cocoon.properties (Le chemin d'accès
spécifié est introuvable)
	at java.io.FileInputStream.(Unknown Source)
	at sun.net.www.protocol.file.FileURLConnection.connect(Unknown Source)
	at sun.net.www.protocol.file.FileURLConnection.getInputStream(Unknown
Source)
	at org.apache.cocoon.Cocoon.init(Cocoon.java:123)
	at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.initServlet(ServletWrapper.java:315)
	at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.handleRequest(ServletWrapper.java:445)
	at org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.service(ContextManager.java:559)
	at
onnectionHandler.java:160)
	at
)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

I am sorry.

Setting your <param-value> in web.xml to
"WEB-INF/conf/cocoon.properties" should solve the problem.

-Sylvain

Re: cocoon.properties

Posted by Sylvain Wallez <wa...@free.fr>.

Posted by Fabrice SOLLAMI <fa...@marketschemer.com>.
Hi all,

Is there a way using tomcat and cocoon to set only one path for all xml /
xsl processing and not to put a cocoon.properties in all sub folder of
webapps.

Thanks
    Unable to open resource: conf/cocoon.properties

    from cocoon 1.7.4 when I call the cocoon.xml.
    The servlet definition seems to be right, the classpath also.
    I´ve saved cocoon.properties in a "conf" - folder under WEB-INF for the
current project.
    Any suggestion of what might be wrong?

    TIA
    //jakob
  I hope I'm not wrong, but I think that cocoon wants to tell you that it
can't find the cocoon.properties file in the folder conf/
  This is correct, because you put it in the Folder WEB-INF/conf/.
  If you either change the www.conf to the other path or you move the
cocoon.properties to the specified directory, everything
  should work fine.

  Christofer Dutz

Re: cocoon.properties

RE: [Cocoon Users] cocoon.properties

Posted by Fabrice SOLLAMI <fa...@marketschemer.com>.
it seems that you need to put a copy of cocoon.properties in all your folder
where you want to run xml / xsl

Cheers