Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Erwan de FERRIERES <er...@nereide.fr> on 2011/02/14 11:04:44 UTC

tomcat logging in OFBiz juli/log4j

Hi all,

As we are using log4j for loggin in OFBiz, is it safe to remove the
tomcat-juli* files ?
These are if we are using the integrated logging system, and so, are not
used by OFBiz.

Thanks for your insights,

--
Erwan de FERRIERES
www.nereide.biz

Re: tomcat logging in OFBiz juli/log4j

Posted by Erwan de FERRIERES <er...@nereide.fr>.
Le 14/02/2011 11:09, Scott Gray a écrit :
> Hi Erwan,
>
> I can't recall what these actually do, but didn't we have some sort of problem a while back when they were previously removed during a tomcat upgrade?  There's probably something about it in the commit logs... wait here it is :-) http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/ofbiz/trunk/framework/catalina/lib/tomcat-6.0.29-tomcat-juli.jar?view=log&pathrev=1061168

Thanks, putting the right files is correcting the issue we are having
with the logs. But doesn't answer my question. If someone with more
talent than me with logging could answer, this would be very great.

I'm going to update tomcat to 6.0.32 as there is a security issue in the
previous revisions.

Cheers,

Posted by Scott Gray <sc...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
Hi Erwan,

I can't recall what these actually do, but didn't we have some sort of problem a while back when they were previously removed during a tomcat upgrade?  There's probably something about it in the commit logs... wait here it is :-) http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/ofbiz/trunk/framework/catalina/lib/tomcat-6.0.29-tomcat-juli.jar?view=log&pathrev=1061168

Regards
Scott

HotWax Media
http://www.hotwaxmedia.com