Posted to dev@buildr.apache.org by Peter Donald <pe...@realityforge.org> on 2016/05/01 00:02:04 UTC

Re: [DISCUSS] Scala support

Hi,

On Sun, May 1, 2016 at 5:04 AM, Antoine Toulme <an...@lunar-ocean.com> wrote:
> an other discussion thread, this time on Scala support.
>
> Does it make sense to move to 2.11.8, or should we move to the latest 2.12 milestone? I would like to shoot for the latter.

We don't use scala so I have no strong opinion on that.

> We are still using JDK7 for now but need to think of moving to JDK8 soon.

IIRC I think we still support JDK6 to use when running ant although
not all the addons are supported. I think we can probably drop JDK6
support altogether or at least drop support for more features - i.e.
Scala if need be.

A few people still use JDK7 to run Buildr so we could probably just
disable support for scala when JDK7 is present and still allow use of
all the other Buildr features on those platforms.

> With version 1.5, we can make the jump.

Sounds good.

--
Cheers,