Posted to dev@druid.apache.org by Clint Wylie <cw...@apache.org> on 2019/09/14 06:57:04 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Druid (incubating) 0.16.0 [RC3]

Hi all,

I have created a build for Apache Druid (incubating) 0.16.0, release
candidate 3.

Thanks for everyone who has helped contribute to the release! You can read
the proposed release notes here:
https://github.com/apache/incubator-druid/issues/8369

The release candidate has been tagged in GitHub as
druid-0.16.0-incubating-rc3 (54d29e438a4df34d75e2385af6cefd1092c4ebb3),
available here:
https://github.com/apache/incubator-druid/releases/tag/druid-0.16.0-incubating-rc3

The artifacts to be voted on are located here:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/druid/0.16.0-incubating-rc3/

Staged druid.apache.org website documentation is available here:
https://druid.staged.apache.org/docs/0.16.0-incubating/design/index.html

A Docker image containing the binary of the release candidate can be
retrieved via:
docker pull apache/incubator-druid:0.16.0-incubating-rc3

https://people.apache.org/keys/committer/cwylie.asc

This key and the key of other committers can also be found in the project's
KEYS file here:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/incubator/druid/KEYS

(If you are a committer, please feel free to add your own key to that file
by following the instructions in the file's header.)

Verify checksums:
diff <(shasum -a512 apache-druid-0.16.0-incubating-src.tar.gz | \
cut -d ' ' -f1) \
<(cat apache-druid-0.16.0-incubating-src.tar.gz.sha512 ; echo)

diff <(shasum -a512 apache-druid-0.16.0-incubating-bin.tar.gz | \
cut -d ' ' -f1) \
<(cat apache-druid-0.16.0-incubating-bin.tar.gz.sha512 ; echo)

Verify signatures:
gpg --verify apache-druid-0.16.0-incubating-src.tar.gz.asc \
apache-druid-0.16.0-incubating-src.tar.gz

gpg --verify apache-druid-0.16.0-incubating-bin.tar.gz.asc \
apache-druid-0.16.0-incubating-bin.tar.gz

Please review the proposed artifacts and vote. Note that Apache has
specific requirements that must be met before +1 binding votes can be cast
by PMC members. Please refer to the policy at
http://www.apache.org/legal/release-policy.html#policy for more details.

As part of the validation process, the release artifacts can be generated
from source by running:
mvn clean install -Papache-release,dist -Dgpg.skip

The RAT license check can be run from source by:
mvn apache-rat:check -Prat

This vote will be open for at least 72 hours. The vote will pass if a
majority of at least three +1 PMC votes are cast.

Once the vote has passed, the second stage vote will be called on the
Apache Incubator mailing list to get approval from the Incubator PMC.

[ ] +1 Release this package as Apache Druid (incubating) 0.16.0
[ ] 0 I don't feel strongly about it, but I'm okay with the release

Thanks!

Apache Druid (incubating) is an effort undergoing incubation at The Apache
Software Foundation (ASF), sponsored by the Apache Incubator. Incubation is
required of all newly accepted projects until a further review indicates
that the infrastructure, communications, and decision making process have
stabilized in a manner consistent with other successful ASF projects. While
incubation status is not necessarily a reflection of the completeness or
stability of the code, it does indicate that the project has yet to be
fully endorsed by the ASF.

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Druid (incubating) 0.16.0 [RC3]

Posted by Clint Wylie <cw...@apache.org>.
Thanks for the votes everyone! We've got enough binding +1 so I'm going to
close this vote soon and prepare for the IPMC vote thread.

Posted by Surekha Saharan <su...@imply.io>.
+1 (non-binding)

Posted by David Lim <da...@apache.org>.
 +1 (binding)

Posted by Julian Hyde <jh...@apache.org>.

http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/calcite-dev/201906.mbox/%3cCA+EpF8vwOceAeUjv+DJU=zqRKOQu3dwcKwsyPqhrJ6CrW9eQ8g@mail.gmail.com%3e <http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/calcite-dev/201906.mbox/%3CCA+EpF8vwOceAeUjv+DJU=zqRKOQu3dwcKwsyPqhrJ6CrW9eQ8g@mail.gmail.com%3E>

Posted by Clint Wylie <cw...@apache.org>.

Posted by Julian Hyde <jh...@apache.org>.

Posted by Clint Wylie <cw...@apache.org>.

Posted by Julian Hyde <jh...@apache.org>.
-1

Posted by Furkan KAMACI <fu...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

+1 from me (non-binding).

I checked:
- Incubating in name
- DISCLAIMER exists
- LICENSE and NOTICE are fine
- No unexpected binary files
- Checked PGP signatures
- Checked Checksums
- Code compiles and tests successfully run

Kind Regards,
Furkan KAMACI

Posted by Jihoon Son <ji...@apache.org>.
+1 (binding)