Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Alan Munday <sp...@brightheadtechnology.com> on 2006/10/04 23:23:25 UTC

Re: FuzzyOCR request

decoder wrote the following on 04/10/2006 21:38:

> Alan Munday wrote:
>> Chris
>>
>> Could you consider adding a configuration parameter which would have
>> the effect of scoring all results as zero?
>>
>> This would allow people to configure FuzzyOCR for their systems in
>> the knowledge that it will not affect the current running state. It
>> will also allow people to test the effects of FuzzyOCR on their
>> current traffic before taking it live.
>>
>> regards
>>
>> Alan
>>
> This seems like a very good idea, I will implement this as soon as I
> am able to continue the development again. At the moment I am busy
> with unversity stuff but in some weeks I will have more time again :)
>
> Best regards,
>

> Chris

Chris

Thank you for considering this.

I've been following your developments and looking at how to integrate with my (few) systems. But as I don't have a test environment (until I have built a VMWare one) I was cautious at trying this with one of the live box's. Zero scoring seemed to be a good way round this.

regards

Alan

Re: FuzzyOCR request

Posted by decoder <de...@own-hero.net>.

Re: FuzzyOCR request

Posted by Duncan Hill <sa...@nacnud.force9.co.uk>.
On Wednesday 04 October 2006 22:23, Alan Munday wrote:

> I've been following your developments and looking at how to integrate with
> my (few) systems. But as I don't have a test environment (until I have
> built a VMWare one) I was cautious at trying this with one of the live
> box's. Zero scoring seemed to be a good way round this.

SA treats a 0-scored rule as a rule that must not be run.

Score at 0.01 and the rule will fire, but should have a non-significant
impact.