Posted to user@zookeeper.apache.org by Tassos Souris <ta...@yahoo.gr> on 2011/09/27 19:25:48 UTC

interrupted exception

hi to everyone!

when we get the interrupted exception is there any case where work has been done in the ZooKeeper service ? (as in the case when we create() and get a ConnectionLoss where we do not
know whether the znode was created or not)...

sorry if this has been asked before..

Re: interrupted exception

Posted by Robert Crocombe <rc...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Sep 27, 2011 at 10:25 AM, Tassos Souris <ta...@yahoo.gr>wrote:

> when we get the interrupted exception is there any case where work has been
> done in the ZooKeeper service ? (as in the case when we create() and get a
> ConnectionLoss where we do not
> know whether the znode was created or not)...

For a ConnectionLossException: no, you will not know whether the create()
succeeded in creating a node or not.  There's a pretty good discussion here:
check in particular the "Recoverable errors" section.

http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/ZooKeeper/ErrorHandling

--
Robert Crocombe