Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Kishan Kavala <Ki...@citrix.com> on 2013/03/21 10:29:43 UTC

[Discuss] ACL deny rules

I would like add support for ACL deny rules in VPC.  Functional spec is available at [1] and jira ticket is [2].
As part of this feature, NetworkACLContainer will also be introduced to manage network ACLs.

This feature is item 2.16 in nTier Apps 2.0 requirements [3].

[1] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/Support+ACL+deny+rules
[2] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CLOUDSTACK-763
[3] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/nTier+Apps+2.0+Requirements

Re: [Discuss] ACL deny rules

Posted by Manan Shah <ma...@citrix.com>.
Thanks Kishan for your response. I would think the default should be deny
all. But if the users want to change the rules to make it permit-all with
a few deny rules before that, we should allow them to change that.

Regards,
Manan Shah

RE: [Discuss] ACL deny rules

Posted by Kishan Kavala <Ki...@citrix.com>.

Re: [Discuss] ACL deny rules

Posted by Manan Shah <ma...@citrix.com>.
Thanks Kishan for sharing the FS. Below are some of my questions.

1. What is the default for an empty container? Is it allow all or deny all?
2. Can you describe the behavior for upgrades?