Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Justin Erenkrantz <ju...@erenkrantz.com> on 2006/08/24 18:38:27 UTC

-1 votes on proposals need no explanation was Re: [VOTE] Accept Wicket into the Incubator

On 8/24/06, Upayavira <uv...@odoko.co.uk> wrote:
> [ ] +1 Accept Wicket as an Incubator podling
> [ ]  0 Don't care
> [ ] -1 Reject this proposal for the following reason:

FYI: this is a majority vote not subject to vetos.  So, there's no
requirement that you provide a reason for voting against it - just
like you don't have to provide a reason why you're voting for it.  If
you want to provide a reason, great, but I could just vote against it
without further comment and that's perfectly fine too.  -- justin

Re: Re: -1 votes on proposals need no explanation was Re: [VOTE] Accept Wicket into the Incubator

Posted by robert burrell donkin <ro...@gmail.com>.
On 8/25/06, William A. Rowe, Jr. <wr...@rowe-clan.net> wrote:
> Upayavira wrote:
> > Justin Erenkrantz wrote:
> >> FYI: this is a majority vote not subject to vetos.  So, there's no
> >> requirement that you provide a reason for voting against it - just
> >> like you don't have to provide a reason why you're voting for it.  If
> >> you want to provide a reason, great, but I could just vote against it
> >> without further comment and that's perfectly fine too.  -- justin
> >
> > Okay. Thanks for the clarification. I'll try to remember that for the
> > next podling I propose :-)
>
> Although... an explanation can go a long way to have other pmc members
> consider the issues, good and bad, that they might have overlooked.

+1

anyone feel like stepping up to add the content of this thread to
http://incubator.apache.org/guides/pmc.html...?

- robert

Re: -1 votes on proposals need no explanation was Re: [VOTE] Accept Wicket into the Incubator

Posted by "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>.

Posted by Upayavira <uv...@odoko.co.uk>.
Justin Erenkrantz wrote:
> On 8/24/06, Upayavira <uv...@odoko.co.uk> wrote:
>> [ ] +1 Accept Wicket as an Incubator podling
>> [ ]  0 Don't care
>> [ ] -1 Reject this proposal for the following reason:
>
> FYI: this is a majority vote not subject to vetos.  So, there's no
> requirement that you provide a reason for voting against it - just
> like you don't have to provide a reason why you're voting for it.  If
> you want to provide a reason, great, but I could just vote against it
> without further comment and that's perfectly fine too.  -- justin

Okay. Thanks for the clarification. I'll try to remember that for the
next podling I propose :-)

Regards, Upayavira