Posted to dev@tuscany.apache.org by Simon Laws <si...@googlemail.com> on 2011/02/10 15:24:06 UTC

2.x module NOTICE and LICENSE files

I note that the default maven-remote-resources-plugin  configuration
now generates default NOTICE and LICENSE files in each modules
target/maven-shared-archive-resources directory. These files are then
copied into the META-INF directory of each module.

As we have hand crafted NOTICE and LICENSE files in some modules, e.g.
assembly-xsd, you end up with module jars containing two sets of
NOTICE and LICENSE files which are different. My first reaction would
be to turn off the auto generated versions.

Thoughts?

Simon

Re: 2.x module NOTICE and LICENSE files

Posted by ant elder <an...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Feb 10, 2011 at 2:24 PM, Simon Laws <si...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> I note that the default maven-remote-resources-plugin  configuration
> now generates default NOTICE and LICENSE files in each modules
> target/maven-shared-archive-resources directory. These files are then
> copied into the META-INF directory of each module.
>
> As we have hand crafted NOTICE and LICENSE files in some modules, e.g.
> assembly-xsd, you end up with module jars containing two sets of
> NOTICE and LICENSE files which are different. My first reaction would
> be to turn off the auto generated versions.
>
> Thoughts?
>
> Simon

Just turning off the generated ones does seem the simplest for now to
fix the immediate problem.

I have been wondering though if we should use this in the samples.
There was that user thread the other day [1] that made me think about
how the samples work and its all a bit complicated as we try to
prevent them getting deployed. If that was just to stop the clutter of
having the legal files in the source then having the legal files get
auto generated avoids that, and then we can simplify the build and
deploy.

It is also possible to have the modules that need more than the
standard text customize what goes in the generated files so modules
like assembly-xsd could do that to get their extra license text.

   ...ant

[1] http://apache.markmail.org/message/nl64lf2jgykhv4ju