Posted to hdfs-user@hadoop.apache.org by ch huang <ju...@gmail.com> on 2013/08/08 07:30:42 UTC

is it ok? build hadoop cluster on kvm on product envionment?

hi,all:
my company has not much burget for boxes,if i build cluster on kvm ,it will
cause a lot of impact on performance??

RE: is it ok? build hadoop cluster on kvm on product envionment?

Posted by Sourygna Luangsay <sl...@pragsis.com>.
Hi,

In my company we sometimes uses KVM to launch test or small demo clusters.
Every developer also has a KVM pseudo distributed cluster on its computer.

Nonetheless, I would not recommend using KVM for production clusters.

Check this link about all the theory of Hadoop with virtualization:

http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/Virtual%20Hadoop

Regards,

Sourygna Luangsay