Posted to dev@fineract.apache.org by Ed Cable <ed...@mifos.org> on 2020/03/20 01:06:46 UTC

Re: Re-opening Pull Request and Writing Test Cases for https://github.com/apache/fineract/pull/527

Wonderful news. We'll try to get it merged promptly.

I'm adding @Dev <de...@fineract.apache.org>

It's showing the Travis CI build is failing - the build is passing locally
for you?

--
*Ed Cable*
President/CEO, Mifos Initiative

Re: Re-opening Pull Request and Writing Test Cases for https://github.com/apache/fineract/pull/527

Posted by Michael Vorburger <mi...@vorburger.ch>.
On Sat, Apr 18, 2020 at 7:12 PM Nikhil Pawar <ni...@gmail.com> wrote:

> ++ Francis
> If you have time could you please help in doing functional review.
>
> I will also go through the code and provide my feedback. But I would
> strongly recommend that we merge this PR , provided it does not break any
> existing functionality. Rebasing this huge chunk of code takes lot of
> effort and now that we have a rebased code - this opportunity should not be
> missed.

+1 from me. That PR currently only has review feedback from me and you
Nikhil.

I'd love to see my feedback addressed (just remove what I brought up, and
put it into a separate PR for separate discussion), but then am happy to
shorten the proposed timeline to even 1 week of no remaining objections,
and then merge.

I'm assuming that you Nikhil would also want to see your feedback addressed
before merge.

Besides that, this feature also has front end support. The next task to be

Posted by Michael Vorburger <mi...@vorburger.ch>.
On Tue, Apr 21, 2020 at 4:38 PM Rahul Pawar <rr...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Submitted New PR:  https://github.com/apache/fineract/pull/777 and new
> JIRA has been raised: https://jira.apache.org/jira/browse/FINERACT-902.
>
> This was the blocker for GSIM_GLIM in PR :
> https://github.com/apache/fineract/pull/738.
> So, if anyone has a better solution then let me know or else we can merge
> it.

Nope, we can never merge it with that... ;-) I've left some feedback in
https://jira.apache.org/jira/browse/FINERACT-902, let's continue this
discussion there, to save others who don't care about the details emails on
this thread? (Anyone interested is of course welcome to Watch, and Help
with by Commenting in FINERACT-902 re. this matter.)

Posted by Rahul Pawar <rr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Nikhil Pawar <np...@apache.org>.

Posted by Rahul Pawar <rr...@gmail.com>.
Hi Michael/Nikhil,

Posted by Rahul Pawar <rr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Francis Guchie <fr...@gmail.com>.
Dear Nikhil,

Posted by Nikhil Pawar <np...@apache.org>.

wrote:

> Yes Nikhil,
>
> I will review
>
> My Kind Regards
>
> Francis Guchie Kirago
> *Skype:* francisguchie
> *Whatsapp: *232 79 19 44 07
> *LINKEDIN:* https://www.linkedin.com/in/francis-guchie-kirago-a4379617/
> twitter: @FrancisGuchie
>

> On Sat, Apr 18, 2020 at 5:12 PM Nikhil Pawar <ni...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> ++ Francis
>> If you have time could you please help in doing functional review.
>>
>> I will also go through the code and provide my feedback. But I would
>> strongly recommend that we merge this PR , provided it does not break any
>> existing functionality. Rebasing this huge chunk of code takes lot of
>> effort and now that we have a rebased code - this opportunity should not be
>> missed.
>>
>> Besides that, this feature also has front end support. The next task to
>> be picked up would be to rebase front end code. Once we have front end
>> support- it would be much easier for functional reviewers to test this
>> feature.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Nikhil
>>
>> On Sat, Apr 18, 2020 at 12:35 PM Michael Vorburger <mi...@vorburger.ch>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Community,
>>>
>>> Could parties interested in
>>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FINERACT-603 please help with
>>> code reviewing https://github.com/apache/fineract/pull/738 ?
>>>
>>> If nobody cares enough to spend time to help doing reviews in the next
>>> say 2 weeks, then I propose we'll just merge it....
>>>
>>> Tx!
>>> M.

Posted by Francis Guchie <fr...@gmail.com>.
Yes Nikhil,