Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by George Hester <he...@hotmail.com> on 2004/03/01 02:40:09 UTC

Re: Lost the Administrator function

Well I can break the Administrator functionality at will.  Using the ISAPI_Redirector.dll.  Once I get that working correctly and try to make a virtual directory for Tomcat not under C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Tomcat 4.1 but somewhere else all hell breaks loose in the Administrator Function.

It seems that this ISPAI redirector for IIS just is not going to be.  I will now remove the context in my server.xml and and the mappimgs in uriworkermap.properties back to when the Adminitrator Functionality worked.  But my hunch is once it is broken it is broken for good.

Nope it's not broken for good.  I just have to remove the virtual directory (IIS) which is NOT under C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Tomcat 4.1\webapps (it's under C:\Inetpub) mapping from the uriworkermap.properties file and remove the Context from server.xml.  And that fixes the loss of the Adminstrator function.

I have a few tother things to try to see if I can keep the functionlity of having a virtual directory as far as Tomcat is concerned NOT under C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Tomcat 4.1\webapps but I'm getting a little tired now.  Hope you has a nice weekend Adam.

--
George Hester
"George Hester" <he...@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:c1t6md$mfl$1@sea.gmane.org...
Yeah I know.  It's just the Admin function all else seems fine.  So when I get to the point that using it is necessary then I'll likely have to blow it (Tomcat 4.1.29) away.  I have Tomcat 4.1.30 in a different machine so I''ll try to get that one to the point where it mimcs this installation and check the Admin function after each war and the ISAPI redirector.  Don't know what else I can do.

--
George Hester