Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Christian Andersson <ca...@ofs.no> on 2004/03/14 10:42:09 UTC

problem with AttachmentFileNameIs in James 2.2.0a15

Hi there, I'm using James 2.2.0a15 and have just added the
AttachmentFileNameIs matcher to the configuration (I added the test that
  Noel recently sent to the list)

however when testing this, I kept getting my test exe file through the
matcher...

hmm from what I saw, the matcher did not work..

so I started to trace down the problem by setting all the logsto debug
and trying to find ut why the exe file got through.

after searching, banning I finally found the problem (and felt so stupid)

the matcher DOES work,but not just under certain envioments...

It CAN let files through even though it really should have matched...

the problem is not with normal files, but with files that use some sort
of national characters (for me that are the norwegian characters åæøÅÆØ)

I used 2 different ways of sending the message, first I used mozilla
(from linux) to send a file called øyenblikksfoto1.exe (it was a png
that i had renamed)  here is what came through as name in the mime
encapsulation.

and since the matcher matches for *.exe this file gets through, since
there is NO *.exe in that filename  (mozzilla parsed this filename
correctly)

I then had a friend send me an "exe" file through hotmail (I don't have
that myself) the file was called "nånting.exe"  and here is what came to
me in the mime-encapsulating...

This file also got through to me, but this time not even mozilla could
parse that filename...

well i just wanted to let you know :-)  perheps this is already fixed an
later versions of james...  I tried to use jira to find it, but I did
not find anything related to this when searching for "attachment"

/Christian Andersson

Re: problem with AttachmentFileNameIs in James 2.2.0a15

Posted by Serge Knystautas <se...@lokitech.com>.
Christian Andersson wrote:
> registered it now, hopefully I've registered properly so that you can
> understand it :-)

Came through just fine.

--
Serge Knystautas
President

Re: problem with AttachmentFileNameIs in James 2.2.0a15

Posted by Christian Andersson <ca...@ofs.no>.
registered it now, hopefully I've registered properly so that you can
understand it :-)

/Christian

Posted by Christian Andersson <ca...@ofs.no>.