Posted to users@directory.apache.org by Richard Sand <rs...@idfconnect.com> on 2013/07/26 22:53:00 UTC

empty membership in groupofnames/groupofuniquenames

Hi all - I know this topic is a rehash of an age old debate, whether groupOfNames/groupOfUniqueNames should allow the member/uniquemember attributes to be empty. Many LDAP vendors allow empty groups (all from the Netscape lineage, CA Directory, AD) but that breaks RFC-compliance. So just from a practical standpoint, if I want my LDAP to behave this way, is there any runtime problem with changing the schema to make this attributes "MAY" instead of "MUST"? I tried it and a cursory test seems ok so far.

Best regards,

Richard

Re: empty membership in groupofnames/groupofuniquenames

Posted by Kiran Ayyagari <ka...@apache.org>.
shouldn't be an issue, cause most of the time we inject a dummy
member/uniqueMemeber at the
time of creating an entry with groupOf(Unique)Names

and otoh, changing MUST to MAY is tolerable than the other way around

--
Kiran Ayyagari
http://keydap.com