Posted to dev@stanbol.apache.org by Olivier Grisel <ol...@ensta.org> on 2011/02/28 18:59:00 UTC

How to configure the logs on stdout

Hi Bertrand and all,

The current sling launchers do log some stuff on stdout, but most of
the ERROR and WARN level log do not show up which is very confusing
IMHO. They do show up in the sling/logs/error.log folder though.

Is there a way to make all the errors logged on stdout bu default?

--
Olivier

Re: How to configure the logs on stdout

Posted by Olivier Grisel <ol...@ensta.org>.
2011/3/1 Rupert Westenthaler <ru...@gmail.com>:
> Hi Olivier
>
> based on [1] parsing "-f -" should redirect the logging to stdout.
> Note also that by parsing "-l 0..4" can be used to set the log level
> from FATAL, ERROR, WARN, INFO to DEBUG

Thank you very much. It's still weird that OSGi dependencies errors
are logged on stdout but not other error get logged even when the
activation of a component fails. I find it confusing for the user that
might expect that either all errors are logged or none of them are.

Posted by Rupert Westenthaler <ru...@gmail.com>.
Hi Olivier

based on [1] parsing "-f -" should redirect the logging to stdout.
Note also that by parsing "-l 0..4" can be used to set the log level
from FATAL, ERROR, WARN, INFO to DEBUG

best
Rupert

[1] http://sling.apache.org/site/configuration.html