Posted to pluto-user@portals.apache.org by m b <mi...@yahoo.fr> on 2003/11/13 15:15:54 UTC

Pluto and WSRP?

Hi all,
I installed Pluto on Tomcat under WXP. Test portlets
works fine. I still have to begin to play with other
portlets and even to develop my first JSR168 portlet
(I already developped some under IBM WP).

Actually, my goal is to demonstrate the use of remote
portlet through WSRP. I understood that Pluto, as a
portlet container, might be used a portlet "producer"
tin order to serve with WSRP.

I also assume that Pluto might be use to "consume"
remote portlets. But of course, I need the WSRP layer.
Did somebody already investigate in that field and
manage to do something around that? Which open source
products (if some) should I use in conjonction with
Pluto.
I'd like to share some information.

Regards,
Mickaël

BTW, I was not able to install Pluto on Linux using
scripts. Did somebody manage to do that?
I was obliged to use a PC under windows the
installation worked well.
I was later able to copy files under Linux but that is
not 100% satisfying...

Re: Pluto and WSRP?

Posted by Richard Jacob <ja...@apache.org>.
m b wrote:

>Hi all,
>I installed Pluto on Tomcat under WXP. Test portlets
>works fine. I still have to begin to play with other
>portlets and even to develop my first JSR168 portlet
>(I already developped some under IBM WP).
>
>Actually, my goal is to demonstrate the use of remote
>portlet through WSRP. I understood that Pluto, as a
>portlet container, might be used a portlet "producer"
>tin order to serve with WSRP.
>
>I also assume that Pluto might be use to "consume"
>remote portlets. But of course, I need the WSRP layer.
>Did somebody already investigate in that field and
>manage to do something around that? Which open source
>products (if some) should I use in conjonction with
>Pluto.
>I'd like to share some information.

Yes, working currently on a proxy portlet that can be used in the pluto
environment.
It can be deployed in a pluto environment, point to a remote portlet and
then translate local portlet invocations to remote calls on a remote
portlet.
The proxy portlet exploits the consumer architecture in the wsrp4j
project ( http://ws.apache.org/wsrp4j/ ).
This is however not in the cvs yet since it breaks build etc.
I will try to release it soon.

-cheers
Richard