Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Rick Leir <rl...@leirtech.com> on 2017/12/17 16:47:50 UTC

Synonyms

Hi All
Doug Turnbull's latest blog  http://opensourceconnections.com/blog/2017/11/21/solr-synonyms-mea-culpa/ at OpenSourceConnections is great, I learned lots. He mentions Wordnet  the lexical database for the English language. If you are using his suggested synonyms in Solr to 'tune' tf/idf then your synonym file will have synonyms for hypernyms (correct me if I got this wrong). Does it make any sense to import the hypernym records from Wordnet in bulk?
Thanks -- Rick