Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by "Chen, Wei" <W....@verband.creditreform.de> on 2006/06/27 14:48:19 UTC

Hi all,

is it possible to load a file outside the war-package in <ui:include />? Exactly to say: I have a file "mytest.txt" under c:\temp. Can I do follows:
  <ui:include src="c:\\temp\\mytest.txt" />

If not, is there any other way?

Regards

Posted by Murray Brandon <mu...@hotmagna.com>.
Facelets lets you can put anything that is a valid Java URL in the src.
eg.

    <ui:include src="file:/temp/test1.xhtml" />

Anything more elegant you can write your own url handler, but then it
needs to be in the classpath of the application server which is annoying
and few admins will allow you to do it:

    <ui:include src="ctc://app/test1.xhtml" />

Re:

Posted by Dave Brondsema <da...@brondsema.net>.
You can also use a facelets ResourceResolver to resolve a viewId from
the src="/foo/bar" to a particular URL.  Read some disussion of it at
https://facelets.dev.java.net/servlets/BrowseList?list=users&by=thread&from=451639

P.S.  facelet discussions would be better on the facelets mailing list

Chen, Wei wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> is it possible to load a file outside the war-package in <ui:include />? Exactly to say: I have a file "mytest.txt" under c:\temp. Can I do follows:
>   <ui:include src="c:\\temp\\mytest.txt" />
>
> If not, is there any other way?
>
> Regards

Dave Brondsema
Software Developer