Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Herbert Duerr <hd...@alice.de> on 2011/07/19 10:55:29 UTC

Oracle blogs on OOo being contributed?

I'm wondering whether the Oracle owned blogs on OOo will be contributed
to the Apache project too? E.g. having the instructions for converting a
module to the gbuild systems would be good.

The "gullfoss" blog (http://blogs.oracle.com/GullFOSS/) gets a 404
nowadays, but google still finds them with
http://www.google.de/search?q=gullfoss+openoffice+blog

Best regards,
Herbert Duerr

Re: Oracle blogs on OOo being contributed?

Posted by Malte Timmermann <ma...@gmx.com>.
That's a pity - GullFOSS really should stay available as an archive.

I will try to find someone at Oracle who can help with this...

Malte.

Posted by Bjoern Michaelsen <bj...@canonical.com>.
On Mon, 25 Jul 2011 11:06:06 -0700
Danese Cooper <da...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I blogged during the changes at Oracle when the takeover was finalized
> http://danesecooper.blogs.com/divablog/2010/01/assimilation-beginsoracle-censors-blogssuncom.html
> and Oracle posted their rules at
> http://blogs.oracle.com/otn/entry/the_oracle_social_media_partic
>
> Hope this helps.  If not, ASF will probably have to ask for permission
> from Oracle.

I mirrored my blog posts in a very raw fashion. see

 http://sweetshark.livejournal.com/3571.html

HTH,

Bjoern

--
https://launchpad.net/~bjoern-michaelsen

Re: Oracle blogs on OOo being contributed?

Posted by Bjoern Michaelsen <bj...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Danese Cooper <da...@gmail.com>.
I blogged during the changes at Oracle when the takeover was finalized
http://danesecooper.blogs.com/divablog/2010/01/assimilation-beginsoracle-censors-blogssuncom.html
and Oracle posted their rules at
http://blogs.oracle.com/otn/entry/the_oracle_social_media_partic

Hope this helps.  If not, ASF will probably have to ask for permission
from Oracle.

Danese

Posted by Danese Cooper <da...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Bjoern Michaelsen <bj...@canonical.com>.
Hi guys,

Posted by Bjoern Michaelsen <bj...@gmail.com>.

Hi guys,

Posted by Simon Phipps <si...@webmink.com>.
On Tue, Jul 19, 2011 at 9:55 AM, Herbert Duerr <hd...@alice.de> wrote:

> I'm wondering whether the Oracle owned blogs on OOo will be contributed to
> the Apache project too? E.g. having the instructions for converting a module
> to the gbuild systems would be good.
>
> The "gullfoss" blog (http://blogs.oracle.com/**GullFOSS/<http://blogs.oracle.com/GullFOSS/>)
> gets a 404 nowadays, but google still finds them with
> http://www.google.de/search?q=**gullfoss+openoffice+blog<http://www.google.de/search?q=gullfoss+openoffice+blog>
>
> Best regards,
> Herbert Duerr

According to the rules we had in place at Sun, all posts authored before Sun
was acquired are owned jointly by their author and Sun/Oracle, so as long as
the author agrees the content can be reposted elsewhere.

S.