Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by ja...@jsquared.ca on 2002/07/30 00:04:15 UTC

Just installed Apache 2.0 - HELP!! ;-)

I'm running OBSD 3.0 and have had Apache 1.3 running successfully for
some time with a very basic httpd.conf

User www
Group www
ServerName www.jsquared.ca
DocumentRoot /home/ftp/www/site.trebas/htdocs

Unfortunately, I decided to installed 2.0 last night and did not realize
that it would use different paths from the 1.3 install, so know I have
two installs going (this may well be the source of my troubles.any
instructions on removing a source installed 1.3?)

For starters, apachectl stop does not remove any processes.  I am using
the absolute path when using apachectl and know that it is trying to
stop the 2.0 httpd daemon, but has no success whatsoever.

My second problem is that I am using the default httpd.conf file that
comes with the 2.0 install . the only lines I have changed are:
DocumentRoot "/usr/local/apache2/htdocs" --> DocumentRoot
"/home/ftp/www/site.trebas/htdocs"
<Directory "/usr/local/apache2/htdocs"> --> <Directory
"/home/ftp/www/site.trebas/htdocs"

I get a Page Cannot be Displayed - no matter where I point DocumentRoot
to.

If I start the old daemon - everything works just fine.

Any ideas?

Thank you

James Herschel
JSquared Network Solutions