Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Anuj Agrawal <ag...@yahoo.com> on 2003/05/12 16:36:06 UTC

precompiling jsp files

Hey everyone -

I've seen several postings regarding this issue, but can't seem to make
it work for our environment.  Any help would be appreciated.

1. We're using WSAD 5 with WebSphere Application Server - not that this
should make any difference, but anyways.

2. Flexible to use any ANT version (tried 1.5.1 and 1.5.2)

3. Pre-compilation of JSPs are purely for validation and not
necessarily for run-time.

4. Tried using jspC optional task as well as the java task with
org.apache.jasper.JspC as the executable class.

When we tried using jspC task, it croaked because the classpath was too
long (!?) .. didn't think that was possbile, but it kept dying with an
IOException.

The JspC class invocation was done as follows:

        <property environment="env"/>
        <java classname="org.apache.jasper.JspC">
            <arg value="-d"/>
            <arg path="${jsp.gensrc.dir}"/>
            <arg value="-webapp"/>
            <arg path="${web.dir}" />
            <classpath>
                <pathelement location="${build.classes.dir}"/>
                <fileset dir="${env.ANT_HOME}/lib">
                    <include name="**/*.jar"/>
                </fileset>
                <fileset dir="${lib.dir}">
                    <include name="**/*.jar"/>
                </fileset>
                <fileset dir="${tools.lib.dir}">
                    <include name="**/*.jar"/>
                </fileset>
            </classpath>
        </java>

But it kept complaining about being unable to open tag library
descriptor.  Anyone encountered this and found a work-around?

Thanks.
Anuj.

http://search.yahoo.com