Posted to fx-dev@ws.apache.org by Sean Shubin <se...@integralnet.com> on 2005/05/27 20:05:35 UTC

Can anyone tell me where to download the wss4j binaries?

I could not find a link anywhere on the home site:

http://ws.apache.org/ws-fx/wss4j/

Sean Shubin

Re: Can anyone tell me where to download the wss4j binaries?

Posted by Ashok Shah <as...@sfu.ca>.
Hello Werner,

> Second NOTE: recently we discovered a problem in Axis
> that could cause problems if you use the fully dynamic option.
> Thus I would advise to use deploymentfiles to setup
> the handler chain, other parameters like action,
> user, etc. can be set via the configuration properties.

I was wondering if you could brief me on the problem that was discovered
in using the dynamic deploymentfiles option. It is critical for our system
to not use configuration files. Whole environment is setup from the
program including the handlers, actions and other required paramets,
including on the client side.

Apperericate your help.

Thanks,

Ashok.

Re: Can anyone tell me where to download the wss4j binaries?

Posted by Werner Dittmann <We...@t-online.de>.
Ashok,

well it seems that Axis has a problem when you dynamically
(programatically) setup the handler chain as it is done in the JAX-RPC
testcase. The Axis code may not initialize some internal parameters or
properties correctly if you don't use deployment files. Because
of the non-initialized (or wrong initialized) properties it is not
possible to replace the original content of the request with the
security enhanced SOAP request - thus your client will never send a
correct SOAP request with security elements.

Some guys over at the Axis development are just trying to figure out
what is going on.

I will also do some more testing at WSS4J and try to get some more info
about the problem. Already tested some ways for a workaround, but
without success yet.

Regards,
Werner

Posted by Ashok Shah <as...@sfu.ca>.
Hello Werner,

Posted by Werner Dittmann <We...@t-online.de>.
Hi,

your code configures a HTTP authentication, not the
WSS handler. This is a big difference.

Just adding the handlers as Torgeir proposes is not enough.
The handlers must be configured as well.

first note: first try to do the wohle stuff using normal
Axis client deployment files. A complete dynamic setup
is somewhat more difficult. An example of a dynamic
setup to use the handler can be found in the test/interop
directory (JAXRPC testcase). This testcase uses the
JAX-RPC compliant handler (works similir to the Axis
dependend handlers)

Posted by Torgeir Veimo <to...@pobox.com>.

--
Torgeir Veimo <to...@pobox.com>

Re: Can anyone tell me where to download the wss4j binaries?

Posted by "José M. Selman" <js...@bee.cl>.
Sean:
    WSS4J it's an implementation of Oasis Web Services Security
Specification which basically describes a placeholder for security
information inside a security header. On of the possible "security
tokens" supported by the spec includes the UsernameToken.

   When you are using the methods setUsername and setPassword you are
including authentication information but not inside WS-Security's
security header... Then you need to know what kind of authentication
information your service is waiting for and where it's going to look for
it. If your service is expecting a WS-Security header then wss4j is the
right tool for you.

Hope this helps,

Jos� M. Selman

Posted by Sean Shubin <se...@integralnet.com>.