Posted to dev@continuum.apache.org by Emmanuel Venisse <em...@gmail.com> on 2009/07/02 18:19:31 UTC

Issue with vmbuild

Hi,

We have an issue with the "Continuum 1.3.x Branch" group. In it with have
lot of projectScmRoot instead of only one, and it seems the JVM hang each
time Continuum try to build this group.
I think it would be good to remove it then then readd it correctly.

The other thing is that we don't run in parallel all scm update and svn is
very slow on vmbuild so when a project is queued, it take a very long time
to go to the build queue.
With 500 projects in Continuum, if svn take 3seconds to run on each project,
the latest will be built after 500*3/60=25minutes. We really need to fix
this before Continuum 1.3.4 release. I consider it at a bloquer issue.

Emmanuel

Re: Issue with vmbuild

Posted by Emmanuel Venisse <em...@gmail.com>.
And build queues aren't really used due to the time used by svn up

On Thu, Jul 2, 2009 at 6:19 PM, Emmanuel Venisse <emmanuel.venisse@gmail.com

Re: Issue with vmbuild

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Jul 2, 2009 at 10:30 AM, Wendy Smoak<ws...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm actually planning to spend some time today on a utility to delete
> old build results through XML-RPC.  There's already some code attached
> to one of the related issues.

Done, see CONTINUUM-1696 and
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/continuum/trunk/continuum-xmlrpc/continuum-xmlrpc-client/src/main/java/org/apache/maven/continuum/xmlrpc/client/BuildResultsPurge.java

It's running against vmbuild now, happily (but slowly) deleting all
build results over 60 days old.

--
Wendy

Re: Issue with vmbuild

Posted by Emmanuel Venisse <em...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Jul 3, 2009 at 10:57 AM, Emmanuel Venisse <
emmanuel.venisse@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Jul 2, 2009 at 7:30 PM, Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Thu, Jul 2, 2009 at 9:19 AM, Emmanuel
>> Venisse<em...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> > We have an issue with the "Continuum 1.3.x Branch" group. In it with
>> have
>> > lot of projectScmRoot instead of only one, and it seems the JVM hang
>> each
>> > time Continuum try to build this group.
>> > I think it would be good to remove it then then readd it correctly.
>>
>> Go ahead, but good luck deleting the projects!  I'm currently trying
>> to delete the maven-continuum-plugin module and it takes the app down
>> every time I try (jvm appears hung, wrapper restarts it).  I'm having
>> to delete hundreds of build results first.
>

> Done without issue.

I deleted the maven-continuum-plugin too.

Re: Issue with vmbuild

Posted by Emmanuel Venisse <em...@gmail.com>.

Re: Issue with vmbuild

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.