Posted to dev@inlong.apache.org by Charles Zhang <do...@apache.org> on 2022/05/11 02:50:48 UTC

[VOTE] Graduate InLong from Apache Incubator

Hi, InLong community

After community discussions [1], we got enough feedback that community
support InLong to graduate from the Apache incubator and become a top-level
Apache project.

InLong has been incubating since 2019-11-03. In the past two and a half
years, the InLong project developed stably and sustainably with the Apache
Way. We used the ASF project maturity model to evaluate the InLong project,
by self-checking the InLong maturity model [2] and the pre-graduation Check
List [3], we believe that the InLong project is ready to graduate from
Apache Incubator. We make a brief summary of several aspects to show the
status of InLong:

*Code, License, and Copyright*

InLong community maintains project code on GitHub, and all modules code is
under Apache 2.0 license. We have reviewed all the dependencies and ensured
they do not bring any license issues [4]. All the status files, license
headers, and copyright are up to date.

*Release*

InLong community released a total of 11 versions by 6 different release
managers, of which 5 versions are the original TubeMQ, and 6 versions are
after the name was changed to InLong. The release cadence is about 2
months. All versions closed more than 2100 issues, with an average of 200
issues per version [5].

*Quality*

InLong community created more than 7 GitHub Workflows, which cover
compilation, unit testing, integration testing, license checking, Docker
image creation, Helm Charts testing, etc. All code patches need to pass
these pipelines first. In addition, InLong has a matching Pull Request
template and commit requirements to ensure that all commits have
corresponding classification and traceability.

*Community*

InLong community 5 Mentors, 18 PPMCs, 8 Committers, and more than 99 unique
Contributors [6]. All PPMCs and Committers are spread across more than 8
different organizations, and some of them focus on document management,
tools building, and official website support. The community also has
created channels like Email, Slack, Twitter, WeChat, and GitHub Discussions
to communicate, with more than 650 subscribers, and actively participated
in or held more than 15 online or offline meetups to increase community
influence. we think it's a diverse and Influential community now.

*Independence*

InLong community added 10 Committers, 3 PPMCs started from incubating, they
are from 4 different organizations, and all PPMCs and Committers are spread
across 8 different organizations.

For these reasons, we initiate this vote on whether to graduate InLong from
Apache Incubator, everyone from the InLong community has the right to vote,
please vote on graduating InLong from Apache Incubator:

[ ] +1 yes, I support InLong to graduate from the Apache incubator and
become a top-level Apache project.

[ ] +0 no opinion

[ ] -1 no, the InLong project is not ready to graduate, because ...

[1] https://lists.apache.org/thread/pzqk3z4pbbh3qx0cl1hmpzo1305p2lro

[2]
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/pages/viewpage.action?spaceKey=INLONG&title=Maturity+Assessment+for+InLong

[3] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/INLONG/Graduation+Check+List

[4] https://github.com/apache/incubator-inlong/tree/master/licenses

[5] https://github.com/apache/incubator-inlong/issues

[6] https://whimsy.apache.org/roster/ppmc/inlong

--
Best wishes,
Charles Zhang

Re: [VOTE] Graduate InLong from Apache Incubator

Posted by Zirui Peng <zi...@apache.org>.
+1 for the graduation !

Re:Re: [VOTE] Graduate InLong from Apache Incubator

Posted by jiancheng_lv <ji...@126.com>.
+1, I support InLong to graduate from the Apache incubator and

Posted by Forward Xu <fo...@apache.org>.
+1

Posted by Zijie Lu <al...@apache.org>.

Posted by Daniel Li <le...@apache.org>.

Posted by blue wang <bl...@gmail.com>.

Posted by 廖锐 <li...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Charles Zhang <do...@apache.org>.
and +1 from me for the graduation.

Charles Zhang <do...@apache.org> 于2022年5月16日周一 15:57写道:

Posted by Charles Zhang <do...@apache.org>.
Hi all,

Posted by Goson zhang <go...@apache.org>.

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi,

Posted by Goson zhang <go...@apache.org>.
@Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>, thanks!

Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com> 于2022年5月12日周四 16:40写道:

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
HI,

Posted by Jerry Shao <js...@apache.org>.
+1

Best regards,
Jerry

Posted by xin gong <ge...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Heal Chow <he...@apache.org>.
+1

So happy to see the news! I can't wait to see it become a top-level Apache project. Good luck.

Best regards.
Heal Chow

Posted by Yuanbo Liu <li...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Peng Chen <pe...@apache.org>.
+1

Posted by Aloys Zhang <al...@apache.org>.
+1

Goson zhang <go...@apache.org> 于2022年5月11日周三 10:56写道:

Posted by Goson zhang <go...@apache.org>.
+1 for the graduation!

Re: [Internet]Re: [VOTE] Graduate InLong from Apache Incubator

Posted by Yuanbo Liu <li...@gmail.com>.
+1. Good luck to InLong.

答复: [Internet]Re: [VOTE] Graduate InLong from Apache Incubator

Posted by "charleli(李海基)" <ch...@tencent.com>.
+1. Good luck to InLong.

Posted by 俊平堵 <ju...@apache.org>.
+1. Good luck to InLong.

Posted by haif xu <xh...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Yuanhao Ji <ji...@apache.org>.
+1 for the graduation!!!

回复: [VOTE] Graduate InLong from Apache Incubator

Posted by 师玉鹏 <59...@qq.com.INVALID>.
+1,best wishes

After community discussions [1], we got enough feedback that community
support InLong to graduate from the Apache incubator and become a top-level
Apache project.

InLong has been incubating since 2019-11-03. In the past two and a half
years, the InLong project developed stably and sustainably with the Apache
Way. We used the ASF project maturity model to evaluate the InLong project,
by self-checking the InLong maturity model [2] and the pre-graduation Check
List [3], we believe that the InLong project is ready to graduate from

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/pages/viewpage.action?spaceKey=INLONG&amp;title=Maturity+Assessment+for+InLong

Posted by Junjie Chen <ch...@gmail.com>.
+1, Thank you guys for your great contribution.

--
Best Regards

Re: [VOTE] Graduate InLong from Apache Incubator

Posted by kaynewu <ka...@apache.org>.
+1
for the graduation!
good to see it.