Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by abhishek pathak <fo...@yahoo.co.in> on 2011/03/14 14:12:21 UTC

Hadoop put command doing nothing!

I am running Cloudera's distribution of Hadoop and everything is working
perfectly.The hdfs contains a large number of .seq files.I need to merge the
contents of all the .seq files into one large .seq file.However, the getmerge
command did nothing for me.I then used cat and piped the data of some .seq files

onto a local file.When i want to "put" this file into hdfs it does nothing.No
error message shows up,and no file is created.

I am able to "touchz" files in the hdfs and user permissions are not a problem
here.The put command simply does not work.What am I doing wrong?

RE: Hadoop put command doing nothing!

Posted by Ahmed Said Nagy <ah...@hotmail.com>.
Check whether you can create a file an write something in it not just a touchz cause there are two parts of the story meta data of the file and the data inside the file the sytem can store meta data but still the file can be not created.RegardsAhmed Nagy

Posted by Harsh J <qw...@gmail.com>.
Hello Abhishek,

is the list for users of Cloudera distributions. Please continue the
discussion there :)

[bccing common-user@]

--
Harsh J